Epilogue: The Future

I woke up laying in a field.

I sat up and looked around. The first thing I saw was the Colony, clear of any signs it had ever been attacked by Mechon. That wasn't the only change. There were Machina ships docked outside of the colony, along with a few High Entia pods. 

When I made it back to the colony, I saw that there were people of all races walking about in the Colony. No one seemed uncomfortable or out of place. It was beautiful. I heard footsteps behind me, and I turned and saw Noah running up behind me. He tackled me in a hug. "There you are! We thought you were gone." 

I looked around. "How long was I gone?"

"When we all woke up, the Colony was back to normal, but you weren't anywhere to be found. It's been a few weeks."

"Weeks?"

"Yeah. Since then, a lot more has happened, as you can see." He gestured to all of the people in the Colony. "A few days after everything settled, people began migrating here. Thanks to you, everyone can see that peace between Bionis and Mechonis is possible. That's not all. Come with me."

He led me through the Colony to the Defense Force HQ. We climbed onto the roof, and he gestured towards Mechonis. "Take a look."

It was different all right. The Bionis and the Mechonis were literally holding hands. The Bionis' right hand was intertwined with the Mechonis left hand. I smiled. "The worlds themselves are at peace now." And it was true. The battle was finally at it's end.