Chapter 11: The Fallen Arm

The flight from Mechonis to the Fallen Arm was amazing.

As we descended below the clouds towards the arm itself, I got to see the Bionis and the Mechonis from an entirely different angle. I could see the snow covered peaks of Valak Mountain, the green expanse of Gaur Plains, the endless jungle of Makna Forest, and more from such an amazing angle. I looked over at Noah. "I bet most Homs can't say they've seen the Bionis from this angle." He smiled.

"No, I doubt it. We're pretty lucky." I smiled back. I wouldn't describe what I'd been through as being "Lucky", but it turned out okay in the end.

We finally landed at the Arm, and I saw that there was a small village in the center of what would be the Palm of the Hand. We dropped down from the Hand of Yaldabaoth, and we saw a group of Machina walking in our direction. The one in the lead stepped forward.

"My name is Vanea. I am the leader of the Hidden Village of the Machina. And you are?"

I bowed. "Lady Vanea. My name is Blake, and this is my brother Noah and my friend Diane. We've come here to request aid in stopping Zanza, who threatens both the Bionis and the Mechonis." Meyson walked past me, and addressed Vanea directly.

"They need our help. If left unopposed, Zanza will ruin us all. They need the Monado."

        Vanea stepped back. "The Monado? Has the situation truly become so dire?" Meyson nodded.

"I'm afraid it has." He turned to address us. "Rise, new hero of Bionis and Mechonis. The situation grows worse by the moment. Only the power of the Mechonis can oppose Zanza now. Follow me." Then he turned and started to walk away, Vanea following him.

        I started after them, and Diane and Noah tried to follow, but Vanea turned and addressed them. "Only Blake may follow." Then she turned to the group of Machina that first greeted us. "Take the others and give their weapons a check for functionality. Then see to it that they are accommodated for." Then she turned and walked away again. I turned to look at Noah and Diane.

"Well, I guess I'll see you soon." Then I turned and followed Vanea and Meyson into the Village.

...

        They lead me to a cave outside of the Village. The inside of the cave was mostly empty, but in the very back of the cave, there were two swords encased in glass. "What are those?" I asked. Vanea walked over to a panel beside the case and typed in a code. The glass slid into the floor, but the swords stayed suspended in the air.

        "These are the two halves of the Monado of the Mechonis."

"Why are they split in half?"

"Because that's how they were created." Meyson walked up behind me. "They can be combined, but nobody knows how. We want you to take them. They're the only things strong enough to counteract the Bionis' Monado." I nodded.

"Right."

        I walked towards them, and as I did, they started floating towards me. I reached out, and as I did, they let out a burst of red light, and they combined into one sword. I reached out, and the sword flew into my hand.

"How did you do that?" Vanea asked, shocked.

"I don't know. I just reached out, and they came to me." Meyson turned and bowed to me.

"It's evident now. You are truly the hero chosen to save the Bionis and the Mechonis." He rose to his feet. "There's no time to waste. We must get you and your friends back to the Bionis before Zanza wakes up!"

        I nodded. "Let's go."