Chapter 14: The Island

Eryth Sea is beautiful.

The vast ocean spread across the disc behind the head of Bionis. That wasn't the impressive part. There were floating land masses across the Sea, being suspended in midair by Ether. In the center of them all was a giant spire of black rock. "That's it." I said, staring at the structure. "That's Prison Island."

The Island seemed to be glowing slightly at the top, as if all of the Ether in the Sea was being drawn towards it. I glanced over towards the ocean, and I noticed a platform raised slightly above the ocean. There was a red line from the platform to another one on one of the land masses. "I guess that's how we get to Prison Island." We walked over to the platform, and I saw that it was a teleporter. I figured that this was the only way to get to the Island, so we walked into the light.

Getting teleported feels weird. Imagine your entire body being deconstructed, then reformed in a different place. Now imagine that happening multiple times in a row. Now you can fully grasp the long trip from the shores of the Sea to Prison Island. 

When we finally got to the Island, I realized how huge it really was. Looking up to the top, I realized that the Ether cloud forming around the Island seemed to be growing. That didn't seem good.

Turns out it wasn't.

As soon as we were inside the Island, I felt the ground begin to shake below us. I turned around and I saw the doors closing, and the Island seemed to be descending. The doors slammed shut, and me in my friends were bathed in darkness.

It felt like the Island was going to fall apart, and I couldn't see anything, so for all I knew it was. Finally, the ground stopped shaking, and the doors began to open again. But we weren't above Eryth Sea anymore. The sky was covered in red clouds, and the Ether had formed a barrier around the Island. I heard a distant booming sound, like the beating of a heart. The beating of a heart... I thought to myself. "Are we inside the Bionis?" Arin walked over to a portal that was glowing right behind us. "Well, there's only one way to find out. Go higher up." 

...

Turns out we were inside the Bionis.

The Island was still in the air, but the landscape spreading out below us was different. It definitely looked like we were inside the Bionis, and the ground seemed to vibrate slightly every few seconds, almost like a heartbeat. I figured it really was a heartbeat, seeing as the Bionis was alive once again.

As we ascended higher and higher into the Island, a thought popped into my head. Our journey is finally almost over. We reached what seemed to be the final staircase, and I turned back to my friends. "Guys, this is almost over. We've come this far. Now it's time. We will stop Zanza, and we will save the Bionis and the Mechonis!"