CHAPTER 76 - Groups and Ships

Începe de la început

After a while, Han Sooyoung and Kim Dokja decided to left Lycaon who was still receiving enlightenment and headed for Gangdong-gu.

They decided to do that after listening to what Yoo Jonghyuk said.

They were moving at a tremendous pace.

“Can we just leave that wolf?” Han Sooyoung asked.

“The Imyuntar can feel the master of the medallion. He will come find us when he wakes up. Rather…” Kim Dokja looked at Han Sooyoung running beside him and said, “Can’t you carry him? You can use your avatar.”

“I don’t want to. How about you asked the other?” The disgusted Han Sooyoung quickly moved away from Kim Dokja.

Kim Dokja looked at the group of prophets that following them by Cale orders and Choi Han.

He felt complicated as Choi Han act differently or he was sheeting with killing intents that made everyone try to keep their distance from him.

Cale asked Choi Han to follow them because he wanted to know if there is another crystal piece in another meteorite.

He asked Choi Han to go with some prophets and fans because he was waiting for Alberu and Mary who moving to the werewolves base direction.

Choi Han feel worried for leaving Cale in the werewolves base but because of Cale persuasion, he finally went with Kim Dokja with really reluctant heart.

How could you said something impossible to do? Besides those cultists won’t ever listen to other person beside them. Kim Dokja thought and returned his gaze to Han Sooyoung.

“Didn’t you say earlier that Yoo Jonghyuk might not be a bad guy?” Kim Dokja said.

“That is that and this is this. Isn’t he the one who cut my head off?”Han Sooyoung said with annoyed tone.

Kim Dokja couldn’t say anything to refute her words.

When they leave the werewolves base, Kim Dokja feel some strange gaze from the cultists and survivors, also some constellations.

Some of the cultists and survivors are looking at him with red face or nosebleed.
It really scared him but he decided to let them be because some constellations, especially the ‘Demon-like Judge of Fire’ that keep sending sponsorship.

Kim Dokja decided to ignore them as he continues to move while sometimes he got distracted by the sponsorship.

Yoo Jonghyuk spoke through Midday Tryst.
You can leave me. I don’t need help.

Don’t be so prideful. I really will abandon you.

Kim Dokja couldn’t see Yoo Jonghyuk’s face because he was being carried on my back.

When will you be able to move by yourself?

In two days.

Will you kill me when you recover?
Kim Dokja asked half-jokingly but that bastard didn’t give an answer.

Kim Dokja deliberately reduced the pace at which he was moving.

Then I can’t help you. How can I believe a guy who is trying to kill me? I will help you if you swear an Oath of Existence. Swear not to kill me until the end of this regression.

I can’t do that.
Lousy bastard. Kim Dokja thought.

Then swear you won’t hurt me until the fifth scenario is over. If you can’t do that, I really won’t help you.

Yoo Jonghyuk thought for a moment before replying.

I swear.
Surprisingly, Yoo Jonghyuk agreed to the oath.

The Oath of Existence. It was a constraint on the person who swore it.

A cold flame emerged from Yoo Jonghyuk’s body and dug into his heart.

If he broke the oath, this blue flames will burn his heart.

Kim Dokja felt a bit relieved but then Yoo Jonghyuk continued.

I won’t kill you. But…

But?

I will hit you once.

What?
Kim Dokja was dazed for a moment. He was going to hit me?

Is this because of two days ago?
Yoo Jonghyuk didn’t answer again.

Kim Dokja thought it was strange that Yoo Jonghyuk agreed to the oath so easily.

-…It is one hit. I’ll do it gently. Understood?

Yes, it might not be bad if one hit could restore my relationship with Yoo Jonghyuk. In my current state, I wouldn’t die from one of Yoo Jonghyuk’s blows. Kim Dokja thought.

Shortly after that, they crossed Cheongdam Bridge and entered Gwangjin-gu.

They felt the surrounding ecology change little by little.

Grass was growing on the streets and instead of rotting bodies, the smell of monster feces filled the area.

The trunk of a huge plant emerged from the ground and wrapped around the surrounding high-rise buildings.

[The 7th grade plant species ‘Yanaspleta’ is on the lookout.]

Kim Dokja spoke to Han Sooyoung and the others who was pulling out a weapon. “Don’t act so rashly. It is fine as long as we don’t attack first.”

Surprisingly Choi Han is acting differently because he had know that the plants monsters won’t attack them from the previous experience when he dragged Yoo Jonghyuk.

“…Don’t these type of monsters suddenly attack with tentacles?” Han Sooyoung asked with skeptical expression.

“That is just in the manhwas. They are gentle. Just be careful not to step on the roots.” Kim Dokja explained.

At the top of the building, the head of the plant that resembled a sunflower followed after them with its eyes. It seemed scary but it was actually a good monster. This didn’t mean that the situation was optimistic.

The plant species originally came after the Great Hall was fully opened.

“The terraforming has started.”

Terraforming.

The fifth scenario was world versus world. Humanity fought against the worlds that were coming.

Just like Seoul was suffering from the erosion of Chronos, China would be facing the ‘3rd Murim World’ while Japan would be facing the ‘White Demon World.’

Han Sooyoung scouted around with avatars and said.

“It is a monster colony. Damn.”

“The terraforming will be even faster if the disasters awaken.” Kim Dokja added.

“What type of person is waking up the disaster?” Han Sooyoung asked.

“A person like you. You woke up the fire dragon.” Kim Dokja answered with sarcastic tone.

Han Sooyoung bit her lips.

“…Didn’t you tidy it up?”

“At that time, the intermediate dokkaebi placed a penalty on the fire dragon. And what if I didn’t kill it? Don’t tell me that you would catch it?” Kim Dokja refuted.

“There was a penalty? Then didn’t it benefit us to catch a weakened disaster?” One of the prophets asked.

“The Disaster of Questions has no penalty. It is questionable if the dokkaebi would even place a penalty on it.” Kim Dokja answered.

They moved quickly to avoid the monster’s colony.

In the streets, the ground rats and grolls were eating corpses.

Looking at the traces of the destroyed monsters, Choi Han who dragged Yoo Jonghyuk seemed to have come through this path.

There also some monsters that brutally killed by the fans.

Kim Dokja thought that Choi Han was great to walk so far in that kind of condition.

Not only he took the injured Yoo Jonghyuk with him but also the fans that following him from this place to the werewolves base without any of them died.

There are even some of them that recording all of it from what Han Sooyoung said before.

Kim Dokja spoke to Yoo Jonghyuk.

I have a question.

–……

-Why come to me? I honestly thought you would commit suicide.

Suicide? How ridiculous.
If he had seen his future in the 8th turn, he wouldn’t be able to say this. Kim Dokja was a bit confused by his next words.

If I was going to give up so easily, I wouldn’t have started this journey.

It really felt like the first time Kim Dokja read Ways of Survival. He thought that maybe Han Sooyoung was right.

The Yoo Jonghyuk I believed I knew was the Yoo Jonghyuk who easily gave up, easily killed people and repeatedly caused numerous tragedies.However, the Yoo Jonghyuk of the third round wasn’t yet like that. Maybe I didn’t know the Yoo Jonghyuk of the third round. Kim Dokja thought.

[Your understanding of the character ‘Yoo Jonghyuk’ is increasing.]

In the meantime, Yoo Jonghyuk said.

I thought of you right away. I thought you would be a bit of help since you are the one who smashed the Absolute Throne.

You aren’t going to say anything about me breaking the throne?

I don’t want to talk about what already happened. In addition, I thought about it. You must’ve done it to rule out the ‘god of the other world.’

-…You know?

Kim Dokja was honestly frightened because he had never really spoken to Yoo Jonghyuk before.

Putting aside his coolness, this bastard had such a great mind? Kim Dokja thought.
Yoo Jonghyuk kept speaking.

Honestly, I think it isn’t a bad way. The problem is what happens next. After you crushed the throne, the guides were scattered and there was a setback in collecting the meteorite. This is why the terraforming of Gwangjin-gu and Gangdong-gu is so fast. The wanderers are using the power of the meteorites.

What do you mean? Terraforming won’t accelerate simply by using the meteorites.

One of the 10 Evils has taken possession of a ‘disaster meteorite.’

The 10 Evils! Kim Dokja heart instantly sank. He had expected it but actually hearing it was a different matter.

Is it the Poisoner?

-…You know.

She is the only one who uses Thousand Spirits Poison.

But there was still a part that Kim Dokja didn’t understand.

Then why are you poisoned? If you knew that the opponent was the Poisoner, shouldn’t you have avoided facing her from the front?

I was trying to convince her when she suddenly attack us.

Right, that’s why Yoo Jonghyuk didn’t run when he was ambushed when he fighting with Choi Han before. Kim Dokja remembered Choi Han words before.

Choi Han said that Yoo Jonghyuk was actually able to avoid the ambush but he didn’t and seemed to be said something to the attacker’s.

Convince? You?

Then a scene belatedly popped up.
Yoo Jonghyuk said.

I wanted to make her a companion.
Companion…

I see. I remembered now. Poisoner Lee Seolhwa was Yoo Jonghyuk’s companion in the second round. Kim Dokja remembered the description in Ways of Survival.

The 10 Evils weren’t always opponents.

Just like Armed Fortress Master Gong Pildu changed in this round, Lee Seolhwa was transformed into a companion in several rounds, including the first regression.

In all other regressions so far, Poisoner Lee Seolhwa was one of the few companions that Yoo Jonghyuk could rely on.

Hearing Yoo Jonghyuk words make Kim Dokja replied.

You did something that isn’t like you.

I admit it. I was pathetic.

Yoo Jonghyuk’s message seems to be mocking himself.

–……

She isn’t the person I remember. I knew it. Still, I wanted to believe for a moment that the woman in my memories was still alive.  I wanted to be with her again.

Kim Dokja couldn’t help opening his mouth at the loneliness that Yoo Jonghyuk had buried deeply.

In his second life, Lee Seolhwa didn’t last long but she was Yoo Jonghyuk’s lover.

I understand.

Yoo Jonghyuk was silent for a moment.

You are talking as if you have regressed before.

I don’t need to regress to understand.
Kim Dokja knew that he shouldn’t speak about understanding.

Still, Kim Dokja wanted to say it. Since he wouldn’t receive understanding from anyone in the future, he thought he could say this.

[The character ‘Yoo Jonghyuk’ is deeply shaken.]

[The character ‘Yoo Jonghyuk’ has received a faint consolation.]

Strange. You obviously aren’t a regressor… But I feel like you really understand these emotions. Is this also the power of a prophet?

Kim Dokja didn’t answer, making Yoo Jonghyuk continue speaking.

Of course, you aren’t a good person. You are the unscrupulous person who kidnapped my sister.

When did I kidnap her? I just protected her. You must’ve understood with Lie Detection…

“Kim Dokja.”

Kim Dokja stopped talking at Han Sooyoung’s tense voice.

The road from Cheonho Bridge to Gangdong was visible.

The Great Hall emitted a bright light and something fell towards Gangdong-gu.

Dammit, it was already happening. Kim Dokja thought as he saw the scenery in front of them.

<to be continue>
Author’s note: I feel a bit burnout but luckily I still able to write around 3000 words. The first part is something I read from similar stories that I saw long long time ago and I only remembered because some picture.

WWhich group are you ?Thank you very much for reading, votes and comments

Thank you very much for reading, votes and comments. I hope you enjoy the story and have a wonderful week. GBU.