Dangerous Liaisons

Mulai dari awal

We stand over here and talk for a bit before I'm approached by the other Salvatore brother.

Kol immediately snarls at him but I put my hand up. "Hear him out."

"I was hoping I could speak to you."

"Go on."

He sighs. "I wanted to apologize. They talked me into helping them. At the time, I had just switched my emotions off and I didn't care so I helped them. But I had no part in anything else. I was too involved in the drama with Klaus that I didn't even know what was happening in my own house."

I could see the guilt in his eyes. "You know, I miss the Stefan that used to be my friend. The one that helped me through my transition."

He looks down. "I was too busy obsessing over Elena to be your friend. I'm sorry. But I've opened my eyes, I know the type of person she is now. Screw Klaus, I'm pledging my loyalty to you."

That statement surprises me, I didn't think he was that serious about it. "Soon, Elena will try to take down my family. Will you be on our side when it comes to that?"

"Of course. I'll keep an eye out. Thanks for not hating me."

"I have to do something tonight, you won't like it but it's for the best."

His eyes shine with realization. "I understand." He nods and walks away.

I turn to Kol with wide eyes. "Wow, I didn't expect that."

"I think he's telling the truth, his heart would've shown signs of lying."

"Yeah, I agree."

He takes the champagne out of my hand before placing our glasses at the bar. He takes my hand leading me towards the stairs.

"It's time."  We walk about halfway up and stand still.

"If everyone could gather please." Everyone looks towards Elijah and quiets down. "Welcome. Thank you for joining us. You know, whenever my mother brings our family together like this, it is tradition for us to commence the evening with a dance."

I see Esther walk down the stairs a bit. "Tonight's pick is a centuries-old waltz. So if all of you could please find yourselves a partner, please join us in the ballroom."

Everyone walks back down and into the ballroom. Kol bows and reveals his hand for me to take. I giggle and join him.

We start the dance. "Make sure you speak to Finn then we will go through with the plan after the toast."

"I will, don't worry."

He smiles. "You look gorgeously delectable tonight, darling. I can't wait to rip that dress off." I gasp.

I'm spun and suddenly I'm in Finn's arms.

It is silent for a moment before he speaks. "I want to live."

"I'm glad you do." I pull a vile out of my bra and sneak it into his pocket. "Put that into the champagne instead of the blood she will be using."

"What is it?"

"My blood."

"I will make sure to let you know what she says during the meeting."

"Oh I already know."

I spin again and now I'm facing Elijah. He looks concerned.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking, Victoria?"

"Yes, don't trust her."

"What do you mean?" The dance finishes. I curtsy and walk back over to Kol.

We talk and drink more champagne, waiting for the toast.