Dangerous Liaisons

Start from the beginning

Once returning home, we started getting our nails done while the boys get fitted for their suits.

Bekah and I are sitting on the couch. I'm admiring my newly painted nails, not having to worry about wearing gloves anymore thanks to Kol. I'm completely healed, well physically at least.

"Rebekah, tell me how handsome I am."

"Oh Kol, you know I can't be compelled."

"My love?" I look behind me and see Kol in his tux.

I smile. "Hmm..." I pretend to think. He gasps and I laugh. "I'm kidding, you look very handsome."

He moves over and gives me a small kiss for the compliment.

Nik busts through the door. "You went after Elena? What is wrong with you?"

"Here we go." Rebekah smiles sarcastically.

"Do you want another dagger in your heart?"

"Oh no, we are not starting this argument. Stand down Nik. Elena stabbed her in the back, literally. She's allowed to be angry. Elena is fine for now so leave it be."

He huffs and walks out of the room. "How did you do that?" Finn asked.

I furrow my brows. "Do what?"

The others look at me like I'm crazy. "Get him to do what you say."

"He's my twin flame. Plus we're best friends, he listens to me."

"Interesting." He says before turning back towards the mirror.

The ball is now in full swing. I've just finished getting ready. The door opens and Kol steps through.

"You look ravishing

"You look ravishing." I blush and curtsy. He laughs and extends his arm. I take a hold of it and we leave the room.

We stop at the top of the stairs and look down at everyone. Wow, there's a lot of people here.

A few people turn their heads to look at us.

He looks at me. "Remember our plan?"

I nod. "Yes."

"Very well, let's party." He says with a cheeky grin.

When we reach the bottom of the stairs, we walk over to Carol Lockwood.

"Mayor Lockwood. We haven't formally met, I'm Kol Mikaelson." He takes her hand and places a kiss on the back of it. "I hope your lovely town embraces us just as much as we plan to embrace it."

She blushes and looks at me. "Vicki, how lovely to see you."

"You too, Carol."

A hand gets put in front of Kol. "Damon Salvatore. Have we met?"

Kol looks at him and ignores his hand. I can tell he is fuming right now. "I've met a lot of people. And you don't particularly stand out."

He takes my waist and pulls me away from him. We go over to the bar and grab a glass of champagne each.