15. THE DOMO

GOLDEN SUN

✩。:*•. ────────── ☆ ──────────.•*:。✩

SHE KNEW SOMETHING WAS BOTHERING HIM. Something wasn't right with Ikaris, and Akoi knew it. He had been silent ever since they had left Phastos' house, which was something Ikaris never was. Every time she went to look at him, he always looked deep in thought. Troubled, as if he was having a mental battle that nobody knew about.

It had begun to worry Akoi, but she did not want to voice this to the others. She wanted to talk to Ikaris alone, but that proved to be difficult as they all rallied in to complete the mission ahead of them.

Once they had gathered everyone, they began to travel back to the place they used to call home.

Back to Babylon.

It was now known in the present day as Iraq, but it used to house the largest city on earth. Akoi couldn't deny that she felt at peace traveling back there, grabbing Ikaris' hand, and squeezing it as they began to dig up the Domo.

They all decided centuries ago that this would be the safest place to bury it, as well as the most sentimental. It would have become a great attraction for archaeologists, but Druig used his mind control on the humans to keep them away from the site.

So, it was all clear for them to return to where it all started.

Akoi was excited.

"This is happening. This is really happening," She told Ikaris while looking at him with hopeful eyes. Meanwhile, he only squeezed her hand tighter and gave her a small smile.

Once again, Akoi could see that troubled look on his face, and she gave him a questioning look. But Ikaris did not say anything, only tugged her towards the Domo, which the rest had successfully dug out, making Akoi sigh.

They held hands until they finally entered, at the back of the group while Kingo was at the front recording. Akoi still thought it was silly that he was doing his documentary.

But he did manage to capture some funny moments, like Thena accidentally stepping on a bag of chips and Phastos freaking out.

Kingo turned the camera towards him. "And as you can see, Eternals are not immune to human emotions. Including cowardice."

At this Akoi giggled, and Ikaris revealed in the sight of seeing her happy around her family again. He relished it because he knew that it would not last much longer, his mind finally settled on his decision and regret brewing in his stomach.