04. GOLDEN FEATHER

GOLDEN SUN

✩。:*•

✩。:*•. ──────────  ☆ ──────────.•*:。✩

IT WAS HOT, AKOI DECIDED, extremely hot and for a while she wondered why she let Jerry talk her into biking around the city of Greece of all places. It was the summer which meant even her puff sleeved dress couldn't save her. The material simply reminded her how much she hated bike riding, especially in the heat and especially in a dress.

Her thighs ached and the constant sun on her face was not helping. But alas, Jerry seemed content, so she didn't say anything and tried to enjoy the day anyways.

Akoi had met Jerry through a friend of a friend, one of her coworkers deciding that she needed to do something other than...work. Akoi spent a lot of time in the field and never really did anything else except for go home and try to avoid the sun at all cost.

It was hard, seeing as she was an archaeologist that worked in Greece of all places. The sun was constantly around here, and a constant reminder of him.

Akoi tried at all costs not to think of him either. He was what led her to Greece in the first place. She wanted to pick the furthest place away from him as possible.

Of course, it did not mean he could not find her. He'd done it before. Ever since he left her, Ikaris still had a way of showing up at every place she tried her best to avoid him.

She had lived in Alaska, Germany, Australia, and Africa, but there was no place she could run that he wouldn't find her.

Except here.

In Greece, it had been thirty years and Ikaris still hadn't found her. Akoi didn't know if it was because he couldn't or if he didn't want to.

And she wasn't sure which one was worse.

What she was sure of though, was that she couldn't wait to leave this date and go home. Jerry was a nice guy, sure, but he wasn't the best at picking activities and Akoi's thighs were really beginning to burn.