𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 .𝟎𝟔

Start from the beginning

Everyone starts eating as if they haven't seen food in weeks.
And I do the exact same.

"Please can we go ride the ilus??" Tuk begs me, clutching onto my leg.

I swoop her up into my arms, nodding.

"Come, guys! Let's go ride our ilus!" She shrieks.

I make my way to the shore, followed along by the rest of my siblings to see Aonung's friends in the same place they were earlier today.

Yet again, all I heard was "she's with her siblings because she's scared!" "Bitch."

I felt like throwing myself at them, but then remembered that I was carrying my little sister.

I ignored them, and Tuk went splashing into the water.

My siblings agree to stay at the shore, and since Tuk was pleading me to go to deeper we did.

The water was up to my chest, and Tuk couldn't touch the ocean floor. We feed and play with ilus for about half an hour.
When I look back to see my siblings, they were gone..??

I turn back around to Tuk to see Neteyam pulling a face at me.

Jumpscare.

"WHAT THE FUCK!" I scream. As he laughs.
I see Kiri and Lo'ak emerge from the water, as they both smile at my reaction.

"You guys think we should go a little further?" Lo'ak suggests.

"Lo'ak no. Tuk can't stand in the water and what if there's something dangerous? We are quite far from the shore. Lets go back a bit." Kiri says, and we all nod in agreement.

We all swim until the water is waist high.

Even though we were in the shallow, Kiri could still find a way to take an interest into the ocean. Even if it was just staring at the sand.

I smile to myself, until I hear snickers and whispers.
There's no doubt as to who it could be.
Aonungs little friends. I think the fact that I referred to them as Aonungs friends instead of their names says enough.

They were really getting under my skin. Getting made fun of was not something I was used to.

I throw them a dirty look, and they just laugh even more. The audacity these bitches had was crazy.

Suddenly, Tsireya swam over to us.

"Hello, guys! I was thinking we could go swim and find seashells!" she smiles at all of us.

My siblings nod in unison.
"Um no thanks! I'll just chill on the sand." I smile, and they all swim away.

I walk up to the boys. "Why am I so funny to you?" I ask. My hands were balled up in fists.
"Because you're some sort of creep! Look at you and your siblings!" One of them shouts. "And look at that tail! So weak." Another adds on.

And those comments just kept going and going.

"Right. I-" I begin to yell, but in the corner of my eye, saw Aonung walking over, and he looked pissed.

"Can't finish your sentence?" One says.

I see Aonung walk up and grab one by the back of their neck. Suddenly, all the smiles dropped and the talking quietened.

Wow, how scared of Aonung were they?

"Say that again." He says.

"Come on bro, it's just a joke." he grabs the other by the back of his neck too.

"Apologise."
He said. The two others have already ran off.

They don't answer. He thrusts their heads forwards.
"Look at her and apologise." He said, his jaw clenched.

"Sorry." They say in unison, as he roughly lets go of them.

"It's alright." I respond, not taking my eyes off of Aonung. I knew I was meant to be looking at the two, but I couldn't. He cared for me. I could tease him for it!!

He looks down at me, and I walk closer to him.

"Are you alright?" he asks me.
"Mhm. I'm alright." I respond.
"You really care about me huh." I laugh.
However, he didn't deny it. He didn't say anything like "I don't care about you forest girl." He just kept quiet and smirked at me.

I look behind him to see the boys shooting cold gazes at me.

"Don't focus on them. They don't care about you." He says, grabbing my chin to look up at him.

"Don't you think you owe me a thank you?" He says.
"Thank you." I respond, occasionally breaking eye contact.
"Good girl." He said, whispering it slightly.

Hold on, WHAT?

"Huh?" I asked. Did he just call me a good girl?!?!?
"Hm? I said good. I just said good." He responds.
I nod slowly. "Okay, then."

I could say so much. But I didn't know where to start.

I grab him by his wrist, hiding behind the mangrove trees.

a/n: hiii!!! sorry for uploading this chapter so late, halfway through doing it i completely forgot about it 😭😭 but now i havent got school which means ill be spending my weekends writing and writing for you guys 💗💗