𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 .𝟎𝟏𝟑

╰┈➤ ❝ readers pov ❞

╰┈➤ ❝ readers pov ❞

"Shut up, Lo'ak!" Tuk exclaims, sticking her tongue out at him. Everyone has gone wild and it was a struggle to do anything. Tuk was running around screaming, Kiri was complaining, and everyone was stressed. What the hell had happened?

Eventually, everyone had calmed down for dinner. The sound of munches and murmurs echoed, as the stars shone down on us.
Tuk rubbed her belly. "So good!" She smiled, followed along by laughs. Everyone had eventually become tired, thank eywa, and we all settled for bed. Kiri whispers in my ear.
"Goodnight." She says. "Goodnight, Kiri." I whisper in response.
A cool breeze washed over my body, giving my goosebumps which sent me off into a serene sleep.

╰┈➤ ❝ aonungs pov

"Thank you for taking me there, Aonung." Y/n smiles at me. Her voice was a lot more calmer than usual. Her face shone amongst the night sky. Her dark blue skin, her hair, her eyes, everything. God, I hate you y/n!
"Good night." Was the only thing I blurted out before walking away from her. She had such an ethereal beauty.

Every step I took filled my with regret. I wish I could just stare at her face for a little longer.
"Where have you been?" Rotxo asks me.
Why was he here?
"Spirit tree." I turn to my right to see Tsireya sitting still, beaming up at the sky with a smile.
"Why are you smiling at the sky, you freak?" I ask her.

"Y/n. I love y/n." Her smile enlarged.
"What do you mean?" I ask.
"She convinced her father to allow me to see Lo'ak again!" She exclaims.
Would she just shut up about Lo'ak!?

For a second, it made me warm inside how y/n was such a..good person. In a way.
How she would go out of her way to spend probably hours of arguing with her parents, just to make my sister happy. She cared so much for others.

I wish she just knew how much I cared for her.
In a friendly way.

Maybe that's why she asked me where Tsireya was.

"Okay..." I try to seem uninterested.
"Aonung. Stop acting like you do not care for her." I roll my eyes at her statement, as she furrows her brows at me.
"You took her to the spirit tree!" She exclaims.
Rotxo's head immediately snaps in my direction. Creepy.
"Bro, you went with y/n?!" He laughs.
I shoot a glare Tsireyas way.

"She asked me about it."
"No she didn't." Tsireya rolls her eyes.

Rotxo stands up. "Bro, you like her!" He grins.
"Why would I like a freak?" I ask, rolling my eyes at him. "Get out, bro." I say, pushing Rotxo out as he laughs and walks off.

"And stop spying on me." I point at Tsireya.

"Goodnight Aonung."

Thoughts rushed through my mind as I tried falling asleep. Thoughts being y/n.

I wonder if she's sleeping.

The last thing I thought I would be doing was creeping around at night for a girl. Let alone y/n.

I eventually decide to slowly creep out of my marui pod, to find her and her family, all in a deep slumber.

"Y/n." I whisper multiple times.
I nudge her with my foot.
"Wake up!" I whisper shout.

Her eyes shoot open, as she swats my leg away from her. "Get off." She mumbles. She drags herself up on her feet, stumbling out of her pod.

"What do you want now, Aonung." She yawns, her eyes squinted.
That was the problem. I didn't know why I woke her. I just wanted to stare at that face.

"Thank you." I blurted out. Thank you for what? What am I thanking her for?

"For?" She asks me, rubbing her eyes.

"You know, helping my sister and stuff."
Thank Eywa I thought of that.

"Oh. Right. No problem." She begins. "I can't believe you woke me up for that." she yawns. Her eyes travel down my body, head to toe. "Woah" She laughs. "I just realised how tiny your waist was." She smiles, occasionally glancing up at my face. Her hand reaches out for me, tracing my torso delicately.

"Is it? Bigger than yours.." I mumble, a smirk plastered over my face as I see y/n roll her eyes in my peripheral. "God just take the compliment, Aonung!" She sighs. "Thank you for admiring my waist, y/n."

I break the few seconds of silence. "Are you going back to sleep?" I ask her, hoping I hear the word "no" come out of her mouth.

"Obviously." She rolls her eyes, walking away from me.
"Sorry." I yell after her.
She whips her head around, placing her finger on her lips as she frowns.

╰┈➤ ❝ readers pov ❞

Besides the fact that Aonung woke me up at night, I reckon that was one of the best sleeps of my life.

I yawn, slowly but surely pulling myself up to my feet. Everyone still slept peacefully, besides Tuk.

"Good morning, Tuk." I whisper, smiling at her sleepy face as she mumbles "Good morning."
I reach my hand out for her to get up, "Let's not wake up everyone else, okay?" She nods as she follows me out of the pod, the golden sun catching my eyes as I squint.

"I saw that boy talk to you at night." She says, as we both sit down in front of the shore. "Aonung? Oh, right." I laugh.
"Why won't he leave you alone?" She asks, muttering under her breath.
"We're.. friends." I hesitate for a moment. Me and Aonung weren't just friends, but we weren't lovers either.

"Yeah. We're friends." Aonung creeps up from behind me, placing his hands on his shoulders.

"Get off of my sister!" Tuk hits at Aonungs arm.

"Yeah, get off of my sister! Tuk you're so annoying." Lo'ak mocks Tuk, as she sticks her tongue out at him.
"Lo'ak, don't be horrible." Kiri sighs.
"Is this a family gathering or what?" I frown. Why was my whole family tree here with me?

Aonung glances down at me, a confused look on his face but a small little smile still on his mouth.

"Alright, let's leave the three alone. Where's Rotxo?" Kiri notices Neteyam walking her way, and everyone parts ways.

"Sorry, Aonung. I don't know why we decided to have a family reunion just then." He laughs at my comment, as I gaze down at Tuk to see her glaring at Aonung.

╰┈➤ ❝ aonungs pov

Y/n walks away from me and her sister. I can't believe she just left me with this demon!

"Leave my sister alone!" She says, every word becoming even more violent and at one point I was scared for my life. Y/n's family was not normal.

"I'll tell y/n that you're acting like a... a fool." I stutter.

a/n: heyy guys 💗 IM SOO SORRY FOR THE LATE CHAPTERS 😭😭 i really have to start uploading more.
by the way, how would you feel if i was to make another fanfic? I've got a really good idea for one w Lo'ak/Neteyam, tell me your thoughts please 💗💗
luv ya xox