Part eight-shadows

Third P.O.V

After the defeat of the stove boss Maria was exhausted and ready to go home so Marie decided that even though they just got here she'd allow Maria to go home and have the rest of the day to herself and so walking off sluggishly she got to the grate that leads home and slipped through,disappearing from Y/n and Marie's sight

Marie P.O.V

Well since agent four is going home I'll have to get Y/n to do atleast another mission "Y/n can you come here real quick" Shouting I hear a groan and the dragging of footsteps looking to my left I watch Y/n turn the corner and stop infront of me waiting for me to speak up "So now that your here I need you to finish atleast one mission today" I say hearing a groan escape from his lips "Also if you do more then one then you'll get a reward" Responding with a smirk and looking up I see his face change from uninterested to excited "so will you d-" before I've even finished he's already disappeared from my sight looking to sector B1 I see him already there and destroying the environment and his enemies....

Y/n P.O.V

Once I heard Marie say I'd get a reward I used Shunpo and appeared instantly at where I needed to be not even needing to grab my brush I just used my bare hands and my Spirit appendage to crush the octolings in my way,I mean I'm justified in doing this when do you ever just get an offer from an idol squid who in my opinion *cough* kinda hot *cough* if you get what I mean anyway I'm getting off track here so breezing through this level it might aswell be on easy mode,but I guess when your the most powerful human to have existed after Chuck Norris of course *sigh* still off track here though,but atleast while monologing I've gotten to the zapfish "well guess I'm lucky for now the arena didn't pop up this time" Speaking aloud to no one in particular 'probably from that explosion I made,I mean definitely put it out of commission for awhile' I mutter under my breath to no one but the schizophrenia illusions that surround me [Side Rant] [I haven't actually decided if I should make an entire bio for just his episodes he can have because of his schizophrenia,Y'know probably should just to give some form of context to his mental state anyways] [Side Rant Over] destroying the barrier around the zapfish I grab it and secure it under my arm before using Shunpo to get back to the main platform looking for the bigger kettle yeah I'm gonna call them kettles,it rolls off the tongue better than grate hooking the first zapfish to the little tube I've successfully powered the big kettle 1/6 of the way
"Now to find Marie for that reward" I speak aloud

Marie P.O.V

Sitting on the bench that is weirdly placed to look over the cliff I close mu eyes thinking back to the final splatfest between me and callie 'maybe things would have been diffrent if I hadn't have won' I whisper to myself hearing a voice speak up,I jolt putting my hand over my heart "wish you hadn't have won the what" the voice questions opening my eyes and looking to the left,I see Y/n sitting there looking towards the open ocean now calming my beating heart from the scare,I speak up "well after agent three beat D.J Octavio the first time me and callie hosted one final splatfest to commemorate the victory over Octavio" I respond waiting on an answer all I get is a somber response and hum "I had something like that happen once" he answers,now sitting there in a overbearing silence I decide to hum a song my grandfather used to sing me to sleep with....

[Hah you'll never know what it is,okay seriously though she can hum anything you want her to if you want it to be Master Of Puppets then it can be its up to you so its whatever you decide]

Closing my eyes and leaning back I feel a soft weight land on my thighs moving my right hand to feel what it is I smile slightly noticing its Y/n's head I slowly start to rub his hair hearing him start to breath slower,and hopefully get some sleep he's been up most of the night from what I can notice stoping my thoughts I drift into the realm of peaceful sleep....

Y/n P.O.V

As I listen to Marie's relaxing tune I lay over on her thighs hoping they're a soft pillow and luckily they are closing my eyes and feeling a hand start to rub my head I slowly drift off into the realm of sleep....

Flashback

"Dear mom"

'I've just recently finished basic training the higher ups have already assigned me to the front lines,but don't worry I'll try and be safe although there's no guarantees,also how is the rest of the family hows dad's new job,and what about Emily's schooling,how is grandma doing I know its been hard since grandpa passed away tell her I love her and that I'll make sure to come back just to taste her cookies so save a batch for me I know this letter is getting a little long but I'm making sure that I keep you updated on whats happening Love You Now take care'

"With Love Y/n"

Soon after finishing my letter I get up from my bed and walk towards the drill sergeants quarters hoping that he's still up finally reaching the door I knock *knock* *knock* "sir may I come in" waiting for a response I hear a muffled reply "yes come in private and make it quick I've still got paper work to do" reaching towards the nob I turn it and swing the door open now walking in and taking a seat I speak up to Sergeant Mendoza "um sir I was wondering if you could deliver this message to the post office before I leave" I question hoping for a yes "sure private also drop the sir its no longer basic training" he responds "yes si- I mean Arthur" I reply "so Arthur I know you've got some paper work to do so I'm gonna ask, is it fine if I helped you finish" I ask Arthur before he quickly looks up in surprise before responding "uh sure just as long as you know how to kinda,odd though that you ask" he answers "we'll I just need something to get my mind off this whole situation if you're wondering,and this is the only thing I can think of that might" I respond pulling my chair closer to his desk grabbing a stack of papers and pen getting to work....

Four and a half hours later
Time: 1:10 am

Arthur and I have been at this for a while now but we've finally finished the stacks of paper work standing up I stretch my back and groan in satisfaction as I hear popping noises looking at Arthur I notice him asleep I mean I can't put it against him he's in his late fifty's walking to the couch in the room I fold it out and grab a pillow and blanket turning around I walk towards Arthur and pick him up hearing him snore I quickly walk to the couch and set him down on the pillow while covering him with the blanket looking over at the other couch I set it up the same way now walking towards the candle I put it out letting the shadows crawl around the room and create a darkness allowing me to drift peacefully into the realm of sleep....

Authors note
PLEASE READ THIS ALL IT CONTAINS IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE FUTURE OF THIS STORY
So this chapter is shorter than most of my other ones and there's not really an excuse as to why
Now as for the update schedule I plan on updating atleast once a week I think that's a pretty good amount to keep you entertained and me not burnt out
This story should be roughly I'd say about 20 to 30 more chapters until completion
And hopefully you read it all the way through so I know this note is hitting really long but bear with me here
Anyway I can't think of anything else important to say so that being said

Author out

Credit goes to an app called PICSO
Check it out its pretty cool