─ ¹⁰. WE HEARD A VEELA SQUEAL

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

Fred threw his head back in annoyance. He held up a finger mimicking Sirius, "As soon as you entered the room after she fell asleep I bloody asked you and you said yes!"—he held up another finger—"Why are you blaming me for making you a young grandfather? Mia and I aren't the only ones who got pregnant early." He sent Sirius a pointed look.

"I am right here," Hermione had said snappily before instinctively pulling one hand on her stomach. Quickly she wiped a tear from her eye before it even fell—she was sick of crying. "Dad, as much as I love you, Fred is right. You're being a bloody hypocrite."

"That you are," Annora said after gripping Sirius's hand and appearing on the spot and startling Fred—the latter, who had been told about the particular showing of dead people when he tried to ask Sirius for his daughter's hand and Annora had appeared out of nowhere to wack Sirius in the head when he began saying no, was still not quite used to meeting his witch's mother. "If I remember I was exactly Mia's age when I got pregnant. Quite funny if you ask me."

"No one did," Sirius grumbled but only smiled when she glared at him.

Hermione cleared her throat and continued her speech, "And Freddie thanks for asking my parents, that means a lot,"—Fred beamed at her—"though I really wouldn't have backed down if it had been a no." 

Sirius grumbled under his breath again and was hit in the chest by Annora.

Hermione seemed to hesitate before saying, turning to her parents with a look of fear, "Do you really think the Taylors are cursed?"

Annora and Sirius shared a glance. Annora shrugged and Sirius chuckled. "It's three for three, Mia. I reckon they are."

Hermione sighed in relief though doubts still plagued her mind, the truth was everything didn't hurt as much anymore and if she was able to concentrate she thought she could feel a flicker of magic inside her. She would give everything for it not to be part of her imagination. She turned to look at Fred and held out a hand he didn't hesitate to take, he pulled her up, an arm around her waist to keep her standing. "Freddie, ready to find out about our little prankster?" she had asked and Fred nodded with a small smile.

That was how Hermione found herself laying back on the bed, her shirt rolled up to show her stomach, and Fleur's wand hovering over it. As she looked down at her stomach Hermione couldn't help to think it looked slightly swollen even if it was only her mind playing tricks on her. Everyone in Shell Cottage was standing outside the bedroom door—only Fred remained in the room, kneeling beside her while he whispered reassuring words in her ear and kissed her knuckles as he held her hand in his.

"Are you quite ready, Mia?" Fleur asked after having explained to Hermione that if she was indeed pregnant her wand should glow golden instead of white. Hermione looked at Fred and nodded. 

A warmth filled her stomach as Fleur cast the encantation but Hermione did not look right away, only when she felt Fred's hand grips her tighter did she dare to look at the glow beaming off Fleur's wand. For a moment her heart dropped as white light filled her eyes; blinking, though, Hermione saw golden hues emitting through the light and looked up at Fleur to find her beaming at her. The silver-haired witch squealed, "I am so very 'appy for you!"

Hermione turned her head to find Fred staring at her stomach instead, eyes wide. "Freddie?" 

As soon as his name left her lips Fred's gaze snapped to her and she saw in relief as the most handsome smile she had ever seen graced his face. He took her face into his hands and kissed her passionately. When they pulled away Hermione was grinning too, all her fears (most of them at least) left behind. "We're having a baby," Fred whispered and Hermione nodded just as loud banging came from the door.