─ ¹⁵. I DON'T WANT TO SEE HIM DIE, MUM. . . .

⚡︎
┄┄ .•* 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟓 *•. ┄┄

𝒘𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒇𝒖𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒘𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒈

────── *•. ⚡︎ .•*──────

"There are only six weeks for the exam. . . ." Hermione said in a hollow voice.

"Six weeks. . . ." Ron echoed.

"Six weeks for the exams. . . ." Harry said, too, in a hollow voice.

It was the first day of Easter break and it had just dawned on the three of them, that they had less than two months to get caught up on studies. Hermione had her glasses but she felt like she was cheating on Ron and Harry if she didn't study with them and just used them—though she was definitely planning on using them on the exams and would start wearing them after Easter break so people would get used. Anyway, the three were sitting on the couches of the common room staring at the fireplace and repeating the same sentence for over an hour.

As though to underline the importance of their upcoming examinations, a batch of pamphlets, leaflets, and notices concerning various Wizarding careers appeared on the tables in Gryffindor Tower shortly before the end of the holidays, along with yet another notice on the board, which read:

CAREER ADVICE

All fifth years will be required to attend a short meeting with their Head of House during the first week of the Summer Term, in which they will be given the opportunity to discuss their future careers. Times of individual appointments are listed below.

Hermione looked down the list and found that he was expected in Professor McGonagall's office at half-past ten on Monday, which would mean missing most of the Potions. She and the other fifth years spent a considerable part of the final weekend of the Easter break reading all the career information that had been left there for their perusal.

"Well, I don't fancy Healing," said Ron on the last evening of the holidays. He was immersed in a leaflet that carried the crossed bone-and-wand emblem of St. Mungo's on its front. "It says here you need at least an E at N.E.W.T. level in Potions, Herbology, Transfiguration, Charms, and Defense Against the Dark Arts. I mean . . . blimey. . . . Don't want much, do they?"

"You have to know a lot of stuff," Hermione mumbled as she read a bright pink-and-orange leaflet that was headed so you think you'd like to work in muggle relations? "They really don't like muggles, do they? You don't need anything besides an O.W.L in Muggle Studies. . . . 'Much more important is your enthusiasm, patience, and a good sense of fun!'"