Paris is Burning

Sorry for the wait, hope everyone enjoys this chapter! Btw, I do not own any songs or pictures in this chapter.

(Play this song while reading the chapter. If the song ends before you get to the second line break, it is okay to replay it. It helps set the mood.)

The group of heroes watch as Frollo orders his soldiers into the homes of the people, wreaking havoc and capturing all the gypsies he could find, in search of the one he wanted. 

From atop his horse, Frollo looks down at the shackled gypsies his men had found and gathered in front of him. 

"Ten pieces of silver for the gypsy Esmeralda," Frollo bribes. 

The gypsies below remain silent, not making eye contact. Frollo clenches his teeth angrily, reeling his horse when he gets no answers. "Lock them up!"

Frollo has his men push the carriage holding the gypsies into the nearby river, watching them surface, gasping and frightened. 

The soldiers gather the people in front of the evil judge once more, still soaking wet. 

"Twenty pieces of silver for the gypsy Esmeralda!" Frollo growls impatiently. 

When again, he receives no response, he barks. "Take them away!"

Beside him, Captain Phoebus scowls angrily, shaking his head at the judge. 

The heroes in disguise watch in rage and disgust at the judge's actions. Robin clenches his jaw, holding himself back. 

They couldn't break their cover yet, even if he really, really wanted to. 

That judge would pay. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The group of heroes follow the judge and his soldiers to the outskirts of the town, to a little cottage next to a wooden windmill. They hide within the group of citizens that have gathered a ways away, watching behind some foliage at the proceedings of the corrupt judge. 

"What's he doing now?" Barry Allen whispers to Bruce, the billionaire narrowing his eyes at the scene. 

The heroes tune in to the anxious murmurings of the citizens around them. 

"Oh my," one woman gasps out in horror. "He's never harmed anyone!"

"Frollo's gone mad!" Another man rasps. 

The groups attention is suddenly brought to a hunched figure wearing a dark blue cloak, who gently pushes through the crowd and stops a few feet away from them. Their eyes widen in shock when they see a familiar face peeking out from the front of the cloak. 

The gypsy boy Esmeralda!

"What's he doing here?!" Dinah whispers urgently, "he shouldn't be here!"

Robin and Aqualad watch the boy worriedly along with the others, wanting to pull him back and take him to safety, but aware that they can't move yet. Esmeralda doesn't even know who they are, and doing anything now would draw unwanted attention. 

They can only watch as the gypsy observes the scene happening in front of everyone's eyes. 

"We found this gypsy talisman on your property," Frollo tells the owner of the cottage. "Have you been harboring gypsies?"