"Wait, so your telling me we didn't have a venue until today?" This doesn't make any sense to me, why would our boss wait till last minute to book something.

"No no, you know he wouldn't wait till today" he scoffs, "he called a venue sorted but the owner insisted, giving us the best deal possible" he turns to me as we approach a red light, "isn't it awesome! We get free drinks" he exclaims and I nod faking a smile in return "yeah, awesome"

This whole situation is difficult to wrap my head around. Dream is gaining no benefit to having us over at his bar. I get he is rich and all and can definitely afford to host a party offering us everything for free, however I just don't see the logistics to this.

Why would he purposely want to host us so badly he would lose money in the process? It makes me slightly worried about what his true intentions are.

And the fact that he only decided to change his mind today is concerning.

___

Jack drops me off at the front while he finds parking, leaving me alone with my thoughts for a few minutes, which seems to be a bad idea since I contemplate seriously acting like I no longer feel well and just ordering an Uber home.

As much as I would love to do that right now I would feel to bad since Jack is already so excited to finally go out again together and he did drive me all the way here, the least I can do is stay for a bit and catch up with him and the others.

I decide as much as I wanted a drink tonight, I won't be staying for long. The situation of having to potentially see Dream again gives me shivers running down my spine just thinking about it.

This was supposed to destress me from the events of earlier but now its making me even more anxious. Of course this had to happen to me.

I see Jack approaching me and he smiles when he makes eye contact with me, "you waited?" his smile grows wider and he wraps and arm around my neck when he gets close enough. "The least I could do since you didn't let me come park with you"

"Have I mentioned I miss you?" he jokes, tugging me towards the entrance.

We approach the bouncer, skipping the line since we have a reservation. I am quite surprised there's a big lineup on a Sunday night, and I hate to admit that I guess Dream was right about this place being so popular.

I just don't understand why it is. Maybe because of all the illegal drugs he smuggles in. We walk into the bar.

Or maybe because it's half a strip joint.

"why the hell are we at a strip club?" I question, yelling over the blasting music so Jack can hear me.

He shrugs, "what's wrong with that?" he says not taking his eyes off the dancers.

Does no one see a problem with having a work party at a damn strip joint that literally sells illegal drugs. This is just a terrible image of us and I really debate leaving now until Jack pulls me by my arm, "come on I see them!" he shouts, maneuvering us through the big crowd of people dancing and swaying drunkenly.

Do people not have jobs they have to go to during the week? I don't really get how so many people can be out partying on a Sunday. I know we are here as well but most of us don't have regular Monday to Friday jobs. We work on different schedules.

I bump into people left and right and mumble apologizes on instinct that they won't hear anyway. They don't seem to even mind either, just continuing to dance to this upbeat music.

We reach a few round booths in the back of the bar or club I would rather say, and a few of our coworkers are drinking and chatting which I don't even know how it would be possible to have a conversation with this absurdly loud music.