Maybe...

A/N: WHOOP WHOOP, PUTTING OUT MORE TRASHY CHAPTERS! I HOPE IT'S SATISFACTORY ENOUGH LMAO BUT I'M NOT PROOFREADING THIS SHIT TONIGHT

          The two other boys in the room looked at me shocked. So, that may have been just a tad dramatic. Still, I meant it. Johnny pats me on the back. "It's fine, man... I'm just worried about'ya, bein' fresh outta the hospital 'n all. If somethin' else happens to you, it'll be my fault too since I volunteered to keep an eye on ya." Dallas shakes his head from the doorway. "What this dumbass does has no relation to you, Johnnycake. If he passes out in a ditch and dies 'a hypothermia, it's his fault, not yours, man." The seventeen-year-old pulls out a cigarette and lights it, before putting it up to his lips and taking a drag. I nod in agreement. "Yeah, Johnny, it's my bad decisions that'll kill me, not your supervision."

         The black-haired boy pries me off of him before replying, "You say that like it's bound to happen." I shrug in response. It's true. When I die, it'll most likely be caused by a stupid decision I made. I make a lot. Dallas shakes his head once again. "Y'know what? You guys stay here. It's a win-win if you do; Johnny can keep an eye on (Y/N), (Y/N) can sleep off the booze, and I can fucking leave. Deal?" Johnny thinks on it for a moment before nodding. "Sounds good, Dal. Don't do anything too illegal." Johnny smiles jokingly at Dallas. The cold boy's demeanor broke for a split second when he replied, "No promises, kid!" I can't help but crack a smile at the whole exchange.

           Dallas and Johnny are really all each other has. I already know about Johnny's home life, and how Dallas came from New York and was first thrown in the cooler when he was only 10. The two kids have been through hell and back, and still managed to find a home in each other. It's almost concerning. I mean, what would happen if one were to suddenly die or be sent away? All they have is each other, and if that gets taken, then they'll each have nothing. Scary things happen to the people who have nothing. They have nobody to live for, no home to go back to, and therefore, no reason to exist. However, as long as Dallas can keep his nose out of serious federal crimes, I'm sure it'll all be fine.

          "(Y/N)?" Johnny asked, pulling me out of my internal monologue.

"Mhm?"

"Whatcha thinkin' about?"

"..."
"Nothing, Johnnycake."

"Awe, c'mon, you don't gotta lie to me! We're buddies, and buddies don't lie to each other."

           "Well, you see..." I begin, trying to think something up. "I was just thinking about how tired I am. That's all." Johnny closes his eyes for a moment. Then, when they open again, he stands up off'a Dal's bed. "You tryin'a go to your house or sleep it off here?" He asks. "Probably my house. I'd like to actually have something to eat when I wake up." Johnny nods. He holds out his hand, which I accept, and he pulls me up from the bed. "Better go ahead and head out then 'fore it gets any colder." I chuckle. "So long as we don't have any more run-ins with socs," I joke. Johnny lets out a small snicker as well.

          We book it down the stairs and outta Buck's house, taking the sidewalk that would inevitably lead us to my humble abode. Tonight is a full moon. One of those real pretty golden ones. My eyes almost immediately fixated on it when we stepped out of the door. "Cicada, look." I point up at the sky, and his eyes follow my finger. "Gosh...sure is pretty, huh?" Johnny asked, mesmerized. "Sure is." I look at Johnny again, finding myself suddenly entrapped in his looks. His hair was greasy as always, but it shone like a raven's freshly preened feathers in the streetlights. The gold of the moon bounced off of his tan skin, making it shimmer. His dark, broken eyes were alight with wonderment as he gazed up longingly. As easy as it should'a been, I couldn't take my eyes off of him as he  watched the sky. I wish I could capture the moment and cherish it forever.

          But in a friend kind of way. I think. Trying to snap out of it, I look back up, only for my eyes to find their way back to the beautiful boy next to me. Maybe it isn't in a friend way. Maybe I'm....in love with Johnny Cade. But, I can't be. We haven't known each other long enough, have we? And I'm not one of those hot broads him and Dallas are always ogling. Maybe it'd be best to ignore any notion of love I have for the boy. Maybe it's just the alcohol fucking with my brain and hormones and shit. Maybe-

          Maybe I need to shut off my thoughts for a while. I should just enjoy this beautiful scenery with my favorite person at the moment. I look back up and rest my chin on his shoulder. I wasn't lying about being tired. I don't know when I'll see another moon as pretty as this, if ever.

         Little did I know, that when I rested on his shoulder, a certain boy looked down and couldn't take his eyes off of me.