"Now, you were saying?" Naruto asked once he was comfortably situated.

Kakashi sighed, "Arrest for deserting the village, life sentence for nearly killing you."

Naruto inhaled gently, then spoke. "He did not desert the village of his own accord, his mind was being thwarted by the Chakra of Orochimaru. And that's the same reason for the wounding part. In fact..." Naruto peered at the Uchiha's shoulder. He flipped  through a few hand signs and then slapped the mark on Sasuke's neck. 

The Uchiha roared with such pain that his voice stopped working. His eyes dilated and he  silently screamed. The pain finally let up and he gasped for air, basking in the relief he felt.

Then he realized how light he felt. He didn't even notice the weight of Orochimaru's chakra on himself.

"Feel better now?" Naruto sighed tiredly.

"Yeah..." The Uchiha breathed.

"Then my work is done. Sakura, thanks for your help. Sasuke, don't die on me and just say the truth. Granny Tsunade," Naruto used the pillar for support and stood straight, "I vouch for Uchiha Sasuke. I am his victim, but I am also his defendant."

Then he flashed away.

"Well, that was dramatic." Kakashi muttered with an eye-smile. Sasuke wrenched his head up and glared at the Jounin.

"Let me go!" The Uchiha indignantly yelled.

Tsunade scoffed, "Well then, I'll just tell your punishment. You are not to go on any missions above D-rank for the next month, and until Naruto gets back, you're not going on any A-ranks or S-ranks. Oh, and there's training everyday from now on."

Sasuke, to everyone's surprise, bowed his head and said, "I accept." 

Tsunade blinked, "Well then. I'm outta here. I got hokage duties to attend to."

Sasuke chuckled, "No you don't, you're going to gamble again." 

"Shut up! I'll make it 2 months for the D-ranks!" Tsunade threatened while walking out, and Sasuke smartly shut up.

Then he realized, "Wait, where is Naruto going?"

Tsunade turned as she opened the door, "I'll let him tell you that."

//time-skip a few days//

The rookie 12 minus Sasuke gathered at the gates. Sasuke had not been informed, and now that Naruto was leaving, they had to deal with a murderer.

In a poof, Jiraiya appeared with a frog carrying a small basket with a cot on its back. When the rookie 12 gathered round, they saw Naruto laying under a blanket with his eyes closed, albeit breathing heavily, but alive. The genin all gasped and wished the young boy to stay safe and recover soon, but all Naruto did was nod his head slightly. The Senseis wished him as well, but there was close to no response from him.

"Naruto!" A gravelly and tired voice called and everyone turned their heads. Hinata was supporting a bruised and tired Sasuke and walking slowly toward Naruto. To everyone's surprise, Naruto opened his eyes and actively turned his head. He gazed at the pair walking toward him; The girl he not-so-secretly loved, and the guy who became his other self.

When the pair reached the Uzumaki, Hinata let Sasuke hand on to the walls of the basket. Naruto's heart melted out of concern of the Uchiha's condition, but Sasuke shook his head, telling the Uzumaki not to worry. Sasuke gulped shakily, then hoarsely whispered, "If you want Konoha to be in one piece, then you'd better not die on me, you idiot." Naruto chuckled, then nodded his head. Sasuke took the other's hand and shook it, affirming the promise of the latter. Then he let go and leaned against the basket as Hinata came towards it.

The young girl didn't know what she felt. It was an almost searing attraction that she had for the boy in the cot, but she knew that she would have to marry into  then took Naruto's hand. Then she gently hugged him, taking care that she didn't hurt his torso. Naruto blushed pink, and and when they pulled apart, he opened his hand to a ring of glass, and at the center was a lively sprig of lavender set into the coin-sized ring.

Hinata blushed, "I picked that out for you since you said you liked lavender flowers." 

Naruto blushed even harder, and whispered, "Thank you." Then he took a daring chance and kissed her cheek. 

"I'll see you soon. I promise." Naruto comforted Sasuke, and just when he was about to say something, but Jiraiya cut him off, "Any more time spent here and I can't guarantee Naruto's full recovery guys. I'm going to have to cut you off." The white-haired Sannin took a scroll out and unraveled it a bit.

"I'll see you guys soon! Believe it!" Naruto yelled to his friends. 

And he disappeared in smoke.

(A/N: alright! That's the end of Naruto the show, now the next chapters are gonna be based on the Naruto Shippuden timeline, so stay tuned!!! I'll see you in a little bit!)