15. team denji vs team power

today was the day.

the four, denji, power, aki, and angel were put into teams, team one, denji and angel, and team two, power and aki, just like before, but now with people rating them. and how does it end up? with their house almost getting set on fire, key word: almost. this time thanks to power.

let's start from the beginning.

TWO HOURS EARLIER:

"denji? we just parked outside, we're coming in soon." you say to denji on the phone, "mkay," he murmurs, "i just woke up from a nap. power, her cat meowy, and pochita are all sleeping in my bed so i'll just get angel or aki for you." you nod, "alright, i'll see you soon, buddy." and hung up. you don't know why, but you kinda got nervous when you heard his groggy voice. but you just ignored the feeling and got out of the car with yoshida, yoru, asa and sara.

"wait can we finish the song, low by sza is so good." asa says, to which yoshida completely ignores and turns off his car and gets out. "hey!" she complains, and you're squished between asa and yoru in the back, sara is in the passenger seat beside yoshida. yoru is on your right, where you held your phone to call denji, and asa is on your left. you wonder if yoru heard denji on the phone.

asa gets out of the car and yoru gathers her stuff. you watch yoshida go to the other side to open the door for sara like a gentleman. you fake gag at him, and he just sticks up his middle finger and starts a conversation with sara.

"i know how you felt when you heard denji on the phone after his nap." you snap your head in yoru's direction. you can see the smirk plastered all over her face. "shut the hell up i was not nervous." her stupid smirk gets bigger. wait. she never mentioned anything about being nervous. fuck. "shut up. i don't wanna hear it." you mumble, getting out of the car, and flicking your hair in her face.

you hear her cackle but you just ignore her as you get into the elevator to aki's apartment.

before you can even knock, you see aki open the door. "denji, power, your friends are here." he calls out, and the door on the right opens. you five take off your shoes and place them neatly, like good guests, and you see meowy, power's cat, run out of the door. "meowy!" you mumble, picking her up gently, "what about me?" power comes out, stretching. "hey power, how was your nap."

she shakes her head, "not very good. denji is uncomfortable to sleep on." you hear denji scoff and walk out, putting a shirt on. you quickly turn your head and see your friends getting to know angel and aki. no problems there. but, you see yoru grinning, wiggling her eyebrows like a kid. you stick up the middle finger before looking back. after mentally preparing yourself to look at him. "then don't fucking sleep on me, go to your room, bitch. you and your fatass cat were taking up me and pochita's space. AND you kept kicking me, you are no fun to sleep beside too, you know." he rolls his eyes before whistling for pochita to come out.

"hi y/n." he smiles up at you with his tired eyes. what the fuck. "hey denjiii..." you wave awkwardly before going to pochita to shower him with love and affection. 

"ok guys, let's start getting ready for this thing." angel says, and you nod. "i have to walk pochita." angel and aki nod at denji, "okay go do that while we get ready, be fast though. but not too fast, im tired of cleaning his shit, denji." aki lectures and denji grabs a jacket and puts on slippers. "yeah, yeah, sorry." he mumbles, grabbing pochita's leash. "hey, y/n. wanna come with me?" he asks.

"oh,  i don't know. maybe i should help.." you trail off, aki interrupts, "it's fine. go. we have enough people." denji grabs your hand, "come let's go!" he grins. "one sec, let me get my stuff first, man!"

yoru snickers to herself, idiots in love, she thinks.

FIVE MINUTES BEFORE IT HAPPENS:

"five, four, three, two, one." you clap your hands. "put it down!" asa yells at denji, who lets out a cry. "im not done yet!" yoru sticks out her tongue, "too bad." 

"fuck, you're so slow, denji." aki murmurs, power just shakes her head in despair. "loser! you suck, there's no way you're gonna win against me!" denji exclaims, "and me." angel rolls his eyes. "yeah, and him." he adds. you look at their food, it was clear that power and denji took over everything, and not in a good way, that was clear. you wince, staring at yoru to see her expression, which was grossed out. at this point, it was just denji vs power, not even aki or angel was involved.

they were just supervising for real.

their cakes were sloppy, not frosted properly, decorations were a mess, and falling apart. sara winced, "goddamn." yoshida mumbled, "you guys suck!" asa exclaims. it was really bad. aki facepalms, "i really have taught you both nothing, didn't i?" angel just pats his back comfortingly. "it's okay, they're both just idiots."

you watch as power cuts a slice out of her cake, it's only two layers. "hey, powy?" you say, she hums, "i know my cake looks great!" you shake your head, "no, not that. what happened to the third layer you wanted?" you ask. she stopped moving and stared at you with a scared look. "uh oh." she says.

and that's when you see and smell it. power runs to grab meowy and stays by the door, in case the smoke gets too close, and aki and angel are taking the last cake out of the oven, coughing and putting out the cake that the fire was on. "holy shit!" sara says, and yoshida grabs her far away from the kitchen. "asa come here." yoru uses her sleeve against asa's mouth, dragging her away from the smoke. 

PRESENT TIME:

you, yoru, asa, angel, denji, yoshida and sara stand behind aki as you watch aki lecture power for being an idiot. she just rolls her eyes, claiming it was a simple mistake and it was all denji's fault. (denji had nothing to do with it.) you ended up just throwing all the cakes away because one was overcooked and burnt, power's was undercooked and runny, and the denji's was filled with shells and used all the wrong ingredients because he claimed to aki that he should follow his heart instead of using aki's head.

"well, why don't we go out to a restaurant?" angel suggests since there's nothing in this house to eat. aki nods, grabbing his keys, "ok, let's go."