O9. hello kitty keychain

mitaka went out to meet with her friend, yuko. yoru left with her friends, and yoshida is doing god knows what, but they all left. you're just scrolling through your phone looking at random funny cat pictures you have saved in your camera roll. (there's a lot)

huh, el gato with airpods, haven't seen that one in a while

you've been sitting there for about ten minutes when you get a text.

power

y/n, do you wanna go to mcdonalds
w/ me 😋

you

oh im sorry power
im busy today :(

power

ok sorry for bothering you

and then you get another text.

denji

sorry if power is bothering you
she's sitting beside me and we can
see what each others doing

she really likes to hang out with you ig

you

she's not bothering me at all!!

bro i gtg rn but tell her we can go to
mcdonalds next weekend

denji

she said, "okay!" and the exclamation mark
is there bc she sounded really excited

anyways where r u going

you

book shopping w/ my friend

denji

bro school is the only reason i even
look at books

i've always found them boringggg

you

you need to find good books then

but i actually gtg my friends here now
i can hear her knocking bye denji

ill text you and power later

denji

have fun

hearted

you open the door. "hey, sara. i like your outfit." she's wearing baggy jeans and a black and white crop top with a gray sweater because it's a bit cold outside. "aw, thanks y/n. i like yours too." you're wearing beige cargo, and a green shirt with a star on it.

"you know what, y/n? after we go book shopping there's this cool cheesecake place. we haven't gone book shopping together in a while," she says. sara is a good person. she's always nice. she treats people kindly the same way she'd treat kids kindly. you love being in your friend group, they treat you better than the friends you've had in middle school and some in high school.

you sigh, "look- i know you don't like cheesecake that much, but hear me out. we'll get a piece and share some. i've tried it before i know it's good." she smiles at you. how could you deny her when she says it so nicely?

"okay, fine." she cheers, "after book shopping and getting cheesecake, do you wanna go to the library close by? didn't you say you needed to get some work done?" you nod your head, "yeah, i was gonna do it yesterday and stay up for today, but then-"

she grins, "then you went to see your boyfriend." she only laughs when you groan. "please, stop. he's not even my type." she only shrugs. "alright, y/n."

she takes off her shoes and walks to your couch. "hey sara? which tote bag should i bring?" she immediately gets off and rushes to your room, "bring the one with the blue flowers on it. no wait- bring the star one."

you only scratch your head and gather the other things that you need. your laptop, your work, your phone, your headphones, your wallet, important things.

when you get into her car, "oh, y/n." you hum, "i got you something while i was at work yesterday." she pulls out a hello kitty keychain. your mouth opens. "no way, i can have this? are you sure?"

she nods.

"shit, you are the best."