Chapter 4 ~ Promises

Start from the beginning

The window was open and Elizabeth would smile softly every time she caught a glimpse of her great-grandchildren playing in the garden down below.

"You all better make sure they remember me." She joked causing sad smiles and a few soft laughs to fill the room.

"They could never forget you Granny." William said as he swallowed the lump in his throat.

"Adelaide? Promise me something?" The Queen asked.

Adelaide, who stood between Eugenie and Kate, turned her attention from the window to Elizabeth, "Of course, Granny."

"Don't give up on Henry, he'll come around eventually, and when he does tell him that I've forgiven him and that I love him."

Tears began to roll down her cheeks, as well as several others in the room who knew how hard this must of been for both the Queen and the princess. "Yes, mam. I promise."

Just as she finished speaking the door opened and in came the red haired prince, with two small children at his side causing everyone to freeze.

Addy quickly wiped her eyes and decided that she would be the first to take action, she kissed the Queen's cheek softly with a smile "Goodbye Granny."

She then walked over to Harry with a soft smile on her face "Why don't I take the little ones, so that you can visit with granny."

"I..." he hesitated.

"Haz, it's me, I won't let anything happen to them, I swear. The other kids are having a picnic outside with Joey, that's where we'll be."
She told him sternly, before crouching to the the height of the children.

"Hello, darlings. I bet you're hungry after that long flight. Would you like to go to get something to eat?"

The moment Lilibet heard the word food she began nodding her head, while Archie looked up at his father for permission.

Harry nodded slowly and Archie accepted Addy's hand, holding it tightly as she picked up Lilibet.

The British Royal family all watched as Addy took the two children away, before all eyes fell on Harry.

"I'm glad your here Henry."

Harry moved to sit on the edge of his grandmother's bed, "I tried to get here sooner." He already had tears rolling down his cheeks.

"You're here now, that's what matters." She gently patted his hand.

Harry held her small hand in his larger one as he shook his head softly, "I'm so sorry Granny." He was crying now. "I'm going to fix the mess I made, I promise you."

"I don't doubt that for one second. Remember Henry, it's never to late." The Queen smiled as she glanced around the room one last time and then her eyes closed.

The only sound in the room was the cries of the grieving royals.

Harry looked over to his brother and father with tears pouring down his face, "I'm so sorry." He sobbed.

Without saying a word William wrapped his arms around his brother and the cried.

Slowly everyone in the room joined in on the hug, enjoying the moment in private knowing that the next few days would only get harder.

~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile in the garden, Addy sat on a blanket watching over of the children of the royal family, minus Beatrice's baby daughter, Sienna, who was in the castle with a nanny.

Addy was helping the smaller children eat, while Joe kept an eye on the bigger kids who were playing a game of tag.

Addy sat with Archie close by her side and Lilibet, August, and Lucas were playing on the blanket in front of her.