Stress

Shoto Todoroki POV:

.... Huh...?
I woke up in a hospital bed dazed. What happened? Then I remember how I passed out in class. How embarrassing. Can I really expect to be a hero if I can't handle stress without passing out? Stress? I'm not stressed. I'm just... going through a phase! Yeah that's it. Stop worrying people for no reason and go do shit instead of lying in a hospital bed pathetically. Wait.. Why am I here? I should've gone to recovery girl, not the hospital. Something must be wrong. I must be stressing myself to- SHUT UP. I AM OK AND YOU NEED TO STOP WORRYING ABOUT YOURSELF YOU PEICE OF SHIT. JUST DIE ALREADY IF YOU CAN'T EVEN TAKE GOING THROUGH A PHASE. That's right. I'm ok. I just need to keep telling myself that. ' Just die already if you can't even take going through a phase.' I just need to keep telling myself that and develop myself.

"Todoroki! Are you ok!?"
I could tell who it was. It was the same concerned voice I heard before I passed out.
"Yes, Sensei. I'm just a little stressed that's all."
Why are you lying to him? Listen to yourself. I'm lying. Just like my father.
.....
.....

Just like my father...?

No. It can't be. Oh god, I'm even denying it just like him. I'm.. I'm... I'm just like him... I'm just as bad as him.

I'm just as bad as that child abusing monster... NOOO!!!

Tears pour down my eyes and down my red cheeks. I grit my teeth in despair. Why? Why is he such a terrible person? Why am I such a terrible person?
If I'm as bad as him and he doesn't deserve to be a hero, maybe I don't deserve to be one either. Great. Good job Shoto. You went to UA for no reason. You decided to become friends with your classmates for no reason. You ruined Touya's life for no reason. You ruined mom's life for no reason. You ruined Fuyumi's life for no reason. You ruined N
atsou's life for no reason, You wasted a crucial amount of time for your classmates to learn and become hero's for no reason and you wasted Aizawa Sensei's time for no reason.

It's all you.

It's all your fault.

You did it.

And you did it for no reason.

"Todoroki! Why are you crying!? Is everything okay!?"

I snap back to reality. Did I really have a mental breakdown, in front of Aizawa Sensei, while crying, IN MY HEAD!? Well if that wasn't the definition of embarrassment I don't know what it is.

"Um..."
Speak, goddammit! Stop stuttering! Say something! Anything! Please!
Don't let him send you home! Father will punish you!

"Todoroki, I'm taking you home. You are obviously not well and we can't have you passing out again."

No! Why didn't you say anything!? Fucking hell! Aizawa Sensei grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the hospital room. To be honest, I'd rather stay there than go home to my punishment that awaits me..