1. Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh~

Comenzar desde el principio

"Stop it please." I said.

"The girl mom was talking about is a really nice girl-

"Acha How do you know? How can I marry a girl that I don't even know?" I said in frustration.

"Oh so you can marry a girl who was hurting you from day 1 but you were so lost that you didn't realised and you're not understanding now too. You don't even know how we all are going through this.

You are getting hurt but we are feeling pain. I hope you understand." She kept her hand on my shoulder.

I heard my room door closing when "And you should tear the portrait of her which is in that notebook." She said. I opened my eyes. There was a mirror in front of my bed and I saw my eyes which were red because of her.

I know I am wrong but what can I do.

They say "love is a blind game."

Really it is.

I sighed as there is no other option is left.
___

So here we are.

Me and my Family. Here in Parmar's house.
I'm sitting here just looking at the girl's mom.

The girl is not here yet. Her mom is sitting with us talking with my parents.

Shahneel told me that the girl's mom is from a Rajputana family.

You will get to know this when you will enter their big apartment.

Abhishek nudged my elbow.

"You lost? Where where?" He smirked.

"No where." I sipped my coffee.

"Yr Shubman, I'm bored and tired of sitting here. No fun. My mom and Your family talking to her mom. Ugh!" Abhishek whispered.

"Did I told you to come with me?" I said and rolled my eyes.

"But then I would have been bored at home too na. Maybe I should go and check on Shagun!" He got up and I glared at him. He sat down again.

"When will my bhabhi come?" Abhishek asked.
Abhishek's mom, Mahima Aunty heard us and glared us.

The bell rang.
Once. Twice. Thrice.
I looked at Abhishek.

And the door opened.

I saw a girl coming in the house.

She wore a white saree. And it glowed like she's a pearl. She had rose in her hair.

I looked at her. She looked happy. But wait.

I have seen her before.

Now, she looked at me. She wore a black sunglasses, she lowered it and our eyes met.

I HAVE seen her BEFORE.

I smiled and she reciprocate then her mother took her to a room.

I looked at Abhishek, he was smiling at me. "Aee" I nudged his shoulder.

He looked at me "What?" He shouted at Me. Everyone looked at us and I glared at him.

"Bhai, she is beautiful na?" Abhishek smiled and I looked at him with no expression.

After sometimes she came out. With no chashma.

She greeted everyone, and then looked at me.

"You guys want to talk?" Girl's mom asked her, she was about to shook her head when my mom said "Yes yes they should." I immediately looked at mom.

"Go-go" Abhishek smirked.

______

I stand by the one whose name, I don't even know. She is standing silently looking at the sunset. And then I finally said.

"Hey" I cleared my throat.

She smiled. "Hey"

"I'm sorry but can you please tell me your name." I said a bit scared.

"So you don't even know my name?" She smiled. I shamelessly shook my head.

"It's fine. Hi, I am Khyati. Khyati Parmar." She said and I shook my hand with her. She smiled.

"Oh I am Shubman Gill." I smiled and she nodded.

"What do you do?" She asked and I looked at her with confusion.

She doesn't even know me. "I'm a cricketer, vice captain of the Indian Cricket Team." I said. "And you?"

"A writer and owner of a restaurant." He said.

Ok now again this awkwardness.

I really don't know what to do.

"Shubman, can I ask you a personal question?" She asked and I nodded.

"You are a cricketer and you are doing an arrange marriage. Why so?" I looked at her.

"No see, I didn't meant like that but normally cricketer do love marriage. You know." She said.

"And also they fall in love with celebrities. Mostly. And you, why do you want to marry a girl you don't even know. Who is not a celebrity."she added.

I looked at her. I was standing there looking at her numbly. As if someone has asked a 2nd standard student a 9th class maths equation.

She noticed my hesitation and didn't said anything.

She looked back at the sunset and I looked at her.

"Do you have any girlfriend right now?"  She asked still looking at the view.

I shook my head. She looked at me. She raised her eyebrow. "Really?" She whispered it but I heard it. I nodded.

"You know what? I'll tell you this as a friend. I hate love. Your dad was a very good friend of my dad but I hate my dad you know because he don't love my mom, who was his wife. But he loved a foreign women, who was a colleague of him. I don't understand these relationships you know." She said.

"So you didn't loved anyone before?" I asked her.

"I DID but-

"Hello bhabhi ji" I heard Abhishek.

I saw him coming towards us. I closed my eyes. What the hell is he doing here.

"Sorry to disturb you but your family is calling you guys downstairs." Abhishek said.

We went downstairs and our parents asked us about a 'yes/no'

She looked at me and I looked at her.

Don't know what to say.

• • • • •