Chapter 26: His Unrequited Love

Start from the beginning

"D-Don't let that bastard get away, Mikey..." Keisuke whispered out loud while being held by Haruchiyo in the arms as the latter held onto Chifuyu's jacket on Keisuke's wound to stop the bleeding.

"Kisaki!"

Suddenly, out of nowhere, Hanma drove in between Kisaki and Manjiro with his motorbike and stole his friend from the scene so that he could help him escape.

"Huh?!" Takemichi gasped out in shock.

"Gotcha!" Hanma grinned as he held Kisaki with a single arm and threw him over one of his shoulders before heading his way out the Yokohama bay. "You owe me one, okay Kisaki?!"

"Fuck! He's escaping!" I exclaimed.

"That fucking Hanma!" Keisuke snarled out in pure rage and just in time, Draken entered the scene with his own motorbike.

"Takemitchy! Get on!" Draken called out in a hurry. "We'll chase them!!"

"Draken-kun!" Takemichi smiled a bit in relief before his eyes traveled over to Hinata, remembering that he would be leaving his girlfriend unguarded. "But Hina..."

"We'll take care of Hina-chan!" Manjiro responded in a reassuring tone with a frowning face as if he read off Takemichi's worried expression. "I leave the rest to you, Takemitchy!"

"Takemichi, please, hurry up! Don't let Kisaki get away!" I quickly added in a desperate tone yet also held a firm look on my face. "We'll keep Hinata safe, I promise!"

3rd Person's POV

Feeling relieved by Mikey and Nana's reassurance, Takemichi wasted no time before he hopped on Draken's motorbike and zoomed away from the scene to catch the ultimate culprit, Tetta Kisaki. As he and Takemichi gained ground on Hanma and Kisaki, Draken vowed to catch them. Remembering his original goal to save Hinata, Takemichi internally promised Naoto that he would finally defeat Kisaki. Thinking back to the countless deaths and pain caused, Takemichi vowed to never let Kisaki get away; even if Kisaki was a time leaper, everything that Takemichi had done thus far would be for naught.

Naoto, we finally have them cornered...

Just to take over Toman, they killed Draken-kun... 

Manipulated Kazutora-kun into killing Baji-kun... 

Killed Baji-kun, Nana-chan, and Chifuyu in every future timeline... 

Ruined the Shiba siblings... 

Killed Naoto... Killed Emma-chan and Izana-kun... 

And above all, they continue to kill Hina for some reason!!

"I'll not let you get away!!!" Takemichi announced out loud with a frowning face while Draken continued to drive and chase down Kisaki and Hanma.

On Hanma's bike, Kisaki implored the former to drive faster, but suddenly, Hanma lost control of his bike and ended up throwing both him and Kisaki to the ground. Letting out a grunt in pain, when Kisaki looked up, he found Takemichi standing over him. When Takemichi told Kisaki that he had finally caught up to him, this prompted Kisaki to run away.

Takemichi tried chasing him but the pain from his foot overwhelmed his entire body. Draken pulled him up, ordering Takemichi to get on his back and as they chased after Kisaki, Takemichi apologized, but Draken stated it was fair, as their roles were reversed last time when Kiyomasa stabbed him. He then remarked that Takemichi knew about his death, telling the time leaper that although he didn't know what would happen in the future, Takemichi had been fighting desperately. When Draken asked if Kisaki was the mastermind behind everything up until now, Takemichi replies yes.