━━ ruination

welcome toRUINATION

welcome to
RUINATION.

iona valana and bellamy blake's love story was written amongst the stars. it was there, somewhere, regardless of whether or not it was lost in the swirling abyss of the cosmos. there, along with cassiopeia, was their story. love, lust, anger, hatred, change ━ oh, how many stories that beloved constellation could tell.

it could tell you how much iona hated him at first. it could tell you how much she despised the skykru and everything they stood for. it could tell you how selfish and stubborn and bloodthirsty the woman had been when they'd first met.

it could tell you how bellamy saw himself in her eyes; reflected back at him like a shattering mirror. it could tell you how he reached out to the pieces, grabbing at the glass until he cut himself until his skin bled and crimson stained the earth where he stepped.

it could tell the story of betrayal, of desperation ━ oh, it could tell you about vengeance.

yes, yes, yes! this story's just full of twists and turns and ups and downs. it's like a bad rollercoaster, where your stomach twists into so many knots that you feel bile climb up your throat and scream and beg to exit your dark, bleeding body. but you won't let it. you suffocate yourself until you're drowning in your own spit, your own melancholy, until eventually, you die; those same stars ━ that same constellation ━ glittering in your eyes.

what a pity, really. you missed the best part ━ the love!

oh, the love.

they burned bright ━ they really did. bellamy was mars and iona was the sun. he surrounded her, circling around her, living off of her, and relying on her for his every single movement until his body had gone numb from lack of his own sense of control. it was endearing, in a sense, his level of dedication to her.

iona was just the same. she was obsessed, in love, too deep in the current to swim the opposite direction. she was pulled right into his open arms, her heart growing a few sizes ━ call her the grinch, if you will (hey, it fits!) ━ at his affection.

they were in love ━ oh, yes, they were!

like icarus, though, bellamy flew too close to the sun. his wings burned to ash and he fell right into the dark abyss awaiting him ━ mocking him ━ until he, too, was swallowed by the void. iona, doomed to watch from the sun, held out a scorching hand, only to burn him more; when will the pain stop, she wondered.

it's true, yes, their love story was written in the stars. they were fated to meet, to fall in love, and to fall so hard and so fast that they lost track of their destination. because, as it just so happens, there's another truth to these tales. the tales of the varying constellations in the sky, all fueled by anger or lust or love.

stars are pretty, yes. they live, yes. but do you know what else happens to stars?

they crash. they burn. they die.

or IN WHICH

iona isn't afraid. she's never been afraid. not in the face of love, not in the face of azgeda, and not in the face of the approaching end of the world. she's ready ━ she knows she's ready. she can handle it, even if it means finally taking responsibility for her past and taking control of what's rightfully hers.

a/n; this is def a new take on my intro but i feel like this sarcastic, judgmental view is just so perfect for this story LOL it really fits iona and bellamys story i think