Amity bit the inside of her cheek, looking around Luz's room while feeling Bri's eyes stare her down.

"Is she your girlfriend?"

"Huh?" Amity's eyes widened and her face flushed, she waved her hands around frantically. "Ti-God, no! No, no. We're just friends, I swear. We just met a few days ago."

"Then why the red face?" She lightly raised her eyebrow, crossing her arms over her stomach.

"Well, obviously because it's an odd question, it totally caught me off guard! Anyone would get a red face from that!" Amity exclaimed, crossing her arms as Bri did, then she scoffed.

Bri smirked, "means she's not yours then, so I can take her?" Her eyes seemed to darken for a split second, catching Amity off guard.

...

"...I-"

"Sorry?"

"Augh, she doesn't belong to anyone! She's a human being, not some object for you to claim? Do you like her or anything?- because if you do then go ahead and date her! I don't care." Amity shrugged, clenching her jaw.

Bri burst into laughter, clutching her stomach. "Oh, I was only kidding! Should've seen your face, really! I'm not interested in Luz, I've got a girlfriend already and- I love Luz a lot she's one of my best friends and I've known her since we were in diapers, but she's not my type at all." She waved her hand dismissively.

"Oh."

"Please, I'm only messing with you. Besides, I know you don't like her, you've only known her for a few days. I mean- I'm not saying you can't like her, but I don't think you can properly like someone after a few days, right? Or maybe that's just me." Bri narrowed her eyes, then shrugged. "Sure, you could have a smaaall crush, but not a real 'like'."

"Pfft. As if I even have a small crush on her, as you said she's great, but.. also not my type." Amity tried laughing it off, knowing she has developing feelings for Luz, but also knowing that they could never happen because Luz was a human and Amity was a witch who wasn't even in her own realm, and she'd have to return home someday.

Bri cleared her throat. "Sorry, anyway. Could I just say how much I love your hair? It's so gorgeous, I've always loved green but my mom.. she prefers me in neutrals, hence me wearing white and having my hair this dull color." She twisted a strand onto her finger, having to pull her head away due to the length.

"Are you kidding me?" Amity scoffed. "I'd kill for your hair, it's such a pretty length and the color looks unreal! To be honest when I saw you sitting here I thought you were a doll, you're so pretty." She smiled, sitting down on Luz's bed.

Bri sat down next to Amity, and for the first time Amity saw color in her face, the slightest shade of red on her cheeks. "Aw. Thanks a lot, Amity. You are too."

They both chuckled, talking about useless things until Luz came running back in with a game in hand.

"Sorry it took so long! I literally could not find it anywhere and-" she paused, slamming the door shut. "Oh! You've become friends? That's really good, I thought it'd be all awkward!" She smiled and chuckled, placing the game down onto the bed and sitting by the other end.

Bri's eyes lit up again and she cheered. "Oh, I'm so excited! I haven't played this in like twenty years!"

Luz chuckled sheepishly. "Bri, you're only fifteen."

"I played it before I was born." Bri huffed, winking at Amity and chuckling.

Amity snickered, covering her mouth with her hand so Luz didn't see her laugh. "Uh, what's this game about anyway?"