18

「EIGHTEEN」

「EIGHTEEN」

: ̗̀➛☽︎

AFTER STILES AND ADELYN'S CONVERSATION, THEY DECIDED TO DO MORE SEARCHING TOGETHER. Stiles informed her that Scott had chased after the coyote Addy believed to be her sister, but she didn't really care to go after the McCall. The werewolf still wanted to do her own investigation, already knowing what Scott was going to figure out anyway.

Eventually, Adelyn led Stiles to what she believed to be a coyote den. "Holy crap."

"It's her den." Addy muttered, "It has to be, all of these things were either her or Kylie's." She picked up the blue jacket that rested on the floor, holding it out to him. The girl's eyes instantly became glossy, but she blinked back the tears trying to form.

"Okay, this is substantial enough evidence to me. I think we should go find Scott." He responded, Adelyn clicking her tongue in response.

"He's close by, if you run straight out of here you should bump into him." She stated, the boy nodding in response and quickly leaving. Adelyn slowly sat on the ground, pulling her knees into her chest. She held tightly onto the jacket, it bringing a sense of comfort to her. The werewolf frowned, scared of what would happen if she were able to make Malia human again.

Does Malia want to be a coyote or is she unable to shift back?

The question brought a sour taste to Addy's mouth, making her shake her head to try and get rid of it. She squeezed her eyes shut, wanting to think about anything else. When Adelyn opened her eyes, she was no longer in the den. The girl looked around frantically, confused.

Her eyes landed on the Nemeton, sending chills down her spine. She shivered violently, fear taking over. The Tate looked around, noticing that her surroundings seemed much foggier than before. She wasn't sure if this was real or not. Adelyn approached the magical tree stump, examining it. The girl swallowed the lump forming in her throat, her lips pressing into a thin line. When the Luna was close enough, she reached out and placed a hand on it. Black veins began crawling up her arm, puzzling her even more.

Was she taking pain away from this weird tree?

The werewolf abruptly pulled her hand away when she heard a twig snap. Her head snapped back and forth, looking for the source of the sound. The girl's eyes widened as she couldn't spot anyone, making her panic settle in even more.

Adelyn backed away from the stump, her haste causing her to trip on a root. She fell backwards, making her eyes shut as she braced for impact. The confusion grew even more when an impact never came.

She slowly opened her eyes, blinking a few times when she was in a bright white room.

"What the fuck?" The werewolf whispered, beginning to walk around as she searched for an exit. She slowly realized that, even though she was moving, she wasn't going anywhere. "What the fuck?" She yelled this time.