Chapter 21: Revelation

Start from the beginning

"I'm aware." she nods, taking in some papers a familiar voice from the headquarters hands to her. "He is a great danger, we cannot allow him to escape again. We need to be quick about it."

"I understand, but-"

"No buts," she doesn't allow me to speak my mind when she soon finishes. "Your task is to write that report and send them to San Quentin, after that we will arrive there on the seventh at dawn. Goodbye, now."

The screen goes dark.

"Bitch." I breathe out, throwing the table on the floor. My head is falling on my knees with fingers tangled into it when I hear the screen cracking on the wooden floor.

Five days.

A hundred and twenty hours.

Seven thousand two hundred minutes.

Four hundred thirty two thousand seconds.

Not enough.

I abruptly stand up, so quiet that one of the agents cast me an are you all right look, but I only nod as I walk over to the right closest doors.

The doors are closed as fast as I open them when I step into the room. Lilah has her legs at the sharp side of the table, hands crossed as she keeps her hands on her thighs. Handcuffs on the table.

There is not a single surprised fiber in me.

She grins at me, no worry written on her face. Only joy and happiness.

Jackson was right, they always think they are invincible.

"What? One last friendly chat before I go to prison?"

I lean back on the wall next to the doors. Even if agents are crowding the exterior of the cabin, the thickness of metal around us doesnt let them hear close to anything.  

"Do not tell me you knew this would happen."

Along with the answer clear as the sky above clouds, I pray that I am wrong. Lilah doesn't hear my begs, so she smiles and puts her legs down to stand up.

She is walking around with crossed arms. "Lilah, tell me you didn't let the Bureau find you."

She stops in her tracks. "You were the one who called them."

"And you are a member of one of the most infamous gangs in the world. You want to tell me you didn't have gazillions of other places to hide when you saw Jackson's phone number." I hissed out the words. "Or that you couldn't find someone to make sure it can't be traced back to you." 

"Oh why would we do that?" she sits on the table, hands on each side of her as she mocks me. "Don't you think we finally realized how horrible we are and just wanted to be brought to justice."

I shake my head, wanting to smash it over the wall from the words I hear.

"Oh my God." my hand goes through my disheveled hair. I laugh, disbelief and horror filling my body.

This can't be happening.

"Quite a charming reaction." she notices, still one part of her face appeals distressed.

"Was that his idea or yours?" I ask, my nerves almost choking me down. She laughs and to my head it goes like a slam of cymbals in my ear.

"Wouldn't you like to know?"

The drop is overflowing the glass.

I am crossing the room, grasping her shoulders as I push her into the wall. She grunts as her head bangs of the strong material, face shocked but I don't allow her to get herself together when I repeat the action.