"It's just a straight path to Zora's Domain, right?"

"Y-yes-?"

"Then I'll meet you there."

"No!"

Link lunged forward, clinging to my hand. I glanced back at him, stopping on the path.

"L-let's stick together. We don't know how bad it could be up ahead."

"I can handle myself."

"And what if you pass out?"

I grit my teeth, squeezing my eyes shut.

"She's right, you know."

"If I could clear the monsters for them, then we won't have any problems."

"We can make countless monsters, dear. You'll be fighting non-stop til you pass out."

"We...?"

Link moved forward, pulling me along with him.

"It's a lot safer if we stay together. And we all can protect each other. We know how to fight if needed."

"Yes, I don't just need the Triforce to fight. I know how to use a dagger."

I raised my brow, but didn't question it.

"Oooo, the Princess can fight!"

I rolled my eyes, slowly pulling my wrist from Link's grasp. I adjusted the glove, pulling it back up as we kept moving.

"Oh! I've been meaning to ask you. You didn't wear gloves before the Calamity. How come you wear them now?" Zelda asked.

"Uh... it's a skin condition I got...?"

"Yes, you sounded very convincing now. Good job."

"Shut up."

"Really? Can I see-?"

"No! It uh... It gets worse when fresh air touches it."

"Oh! Maybe we can look into it later with Purah once we get back to Hateno."

"I've already talked to her about it..."

"Yes, and I really didn't like that you did that."

My grip on my sword tightened as grunts rose. My eyes shot to where they came from, but there were no monsters in sight.

"What is it?" Zelda asked.

"Did you hear that?" I asked.

"No, I didn't hear anything," Link replied.

I bit my lip, letting my eyes wander.

"I didn't just imagine that, did I?'

"Unfortunately, you did not."

I stepped over a branch, letting my eyes scan the brush.

"What are you doing this time?"

"You know I don't like to spoil my surprises~"

My jaw clenched as we continued forward. The others seemed more relaxed as we walked, but I couldn't relax. My grip stayed on my sword as we kept walking, my eyes scanning the path ahead of us.

"Maybe if I just sneak ahead of them and take care-"

Link and Zelda jogged to catch up to me, slowing once they'd reached my side.

"That idea's off the table."

"Can it."

I glanced at Zelda, before sighing.