*.~ Chapter Twenty-Five: The Fragments of 'Her'

Start from the beginning

"But first... About [Name]."

...

On the roofs across from you, you can see Jean scolding Sasha and Connie for crying. Then you looked at Eren, who sat there on his knees, looking at the Armored blankly.

"This isn't over!" Hange shouted, "We'll hit him with another volley just to be sure."

Meanwhile, you were in your own thoughts. Armin had said that he found four cups, which you now had assumed that the Beast Titan, Armored, and Colossal Titan. The four-legged Titan was busy scouting, so who was the fourth one? It could be possible that one of them took another cup, but why would they when they had one in their hand?

No, you're thinking too much on this. Surely commander Erwin knows about this flaw, which can possibly be some type of misunderstanding.

But if that's the case, then who could it be?

Suddenly, the Armored roared into the sky, breaking you out of your deep thoughts. Then he sulked his head back down.

"Use your thunder spears! We'll have to destroy his whole body!" Hange's voice spoke before you looked over your shoulder.

Armin gasped as he looked up, seeing a flying barrel in the air. "Hange, wait! We need to fall back for now!" He then pointed, "See that barrel? I'm sure Bertholdt's inside! If he transforms, we're done for!"

Jumping off the roofs of the houses, all the Scouts present dashed away from the Armored, who was trying to recover from the thunder spears.

At the side of your eyes, you see a familiar shape moving on top of the walls. The Titan slid down the walls and landed in the field of houses. This is just like the dream you had earlier, except it was just you, Mikasa and Armin trying to avoid the blast of the Colossal.

'Only you can break through that invisible boundry.'

All the scouts made it to a stop at a safe distance. "Another Titan Shifter?!" Hange exclaimed out of surprise. The Titan in the distance went from running to walking, showing little-to-no hostility in their movement. 

"Hey! Look! Bertholdt's coming our way!" Moblit pointed out the figure flying over, making everyone uneasy.

Hange decided to assign roles for the group to split up. "The plan is as follows! Armin, take command of Levi Squad. Protect Eren. Everyone else, come with me. We've got 3 targets to eliminate!"

Armin hopped off the roof, consulting with Hange before heading off to face Bertholdt and the mysterious Titan.

"We don't have to fight! Let's talk this over!" Armin shouted at the two from a safe distance.

Bertholdt seemed hesitant to answer, "If I agree to talk, would you all be willing to lay down and die?" He asked in total honesty. "We only want three simple things! Eren and [Name] Jaeger, and the death of everyone in the walls!"

"Huh?" Mikasa gasped, standing next to you alert. "Why do they want you now?"

"I think... I think I--"

"It's the harsh truth of our situation! Understand?" Bertholdt added on. "All of your fates have been decided!"

"What?" Armin replied back at him. "Who is it that decided that?" Hearing a small, unhearable murmer, Armin held a hand up to his ear. "What was that?"