"Hello, is this Cassandra Mills?"

"Yes. Who is this?"

"This is William, Wendy and Steve's Lawyer. I would like to invite you onto the stand as a witness."

"I'm sorry?"

"Do you accept?"

"Yes."

"See you this Thursday in court at seven so I can talk you through the process."

"Okay. See you then."

I ended the call and looked up to see Dylan calling someone.

"Chloe is coming over in an hour to discuss possibile questions." He said.

"Wait. What? I didn't think that was allowed."

"She also put you in as a witness."

"Finally." I cheered as I hugged Dylan.

I opened the door to see not only Chloe stood there but Jay too. My eyes filled with tears of happiness and so did his. He pulled me into his arms and I hugged him back. We were both smiling widely and didn't want to let each other go.

*Jay's Pov*

When Chloe told me to get ready and to meet her outside, I thought it was strange. I thought it was even stranger when we pulled up to a house I had never seen before. I thought it might have been hers but I was wrong.

The door swung open and there stood Cassie. Her smile was wide as her eyes filled with tears. I didn't waste a second as I grabbed her hands and pulled her into a hug with her head buried into my chest.

We went and sat at the dining room table so we could talk over the case. Chloe asked Cassie some questions that might come up and she answered them without stuttering.

"Can you plan something with me?" Asked Chloe.

"If they ask about this moment," Said Cassie as she wrote something down. "It lines you up to ask this question and I can answer it."

"Sounds good. She's ready." Said Chloe towards me.

It finally got to Thursday and Cassie was a bag of nerves. She looked like she was going to throw up but I reassured her that everything would be fine.

At some point, William pulled her away so they could talk. She looked tiny compared to him. He towered over her as they spoke and she shook from fear.

"Why is Cassie shaking so much? Surely William isn't that scary?" Said Kim as she made fun of William's name.

Cassie soon came back and joined us and I held her shoulders as I leaned my head down to her ear.

"Breathe Cassie. It's going to be fine."

"We would like to bring Cassandra Mills to the witness seat." Said William as he stood up.

Cassie said her whole name and her relation to the case as well as the whole swearing thing with the book.

"Do you prefer Cass or Cassie?" Asked William.

"Cassie."

"So Cassie, you like skating, correct?"

"I do."

"And you've also got hurt from it?"

"Yes."

"I'd like to talk about one incident."

"Okay."

"The incident where you were nearly hit by the car. Anything you would like to say?"

"Nope."

"Any dates?"

"No."

"How about the second one?"

"I'm sorry?"

"The one that nearly got your friend killed. You are hard work for Wendy and Steve when you put yourself and others at risk."

"Oh are we talking about the one where Steve and Wendy left me in Chicago. The one where they went on holiday and left me here."

"She's smart." Said Chloe towards me as I tried to hide a smirk.

"Yes that seems to be the one." Said William as he let out a sigh.

"Objection. How is this relevant?" Said Chloe.

"William, please get to your point." Said the judge.

"Sorry, your honour. I'm just saying that Mr Halstead hasn't seen the times when Cassie has argued about going out. She went out late at night. You cause these two a lot of stress. Why did you ignore them and go out anyways?"

"I admit that it was wrong for me to go out."

"That's not my question."

"Sorry. I hadn't been out all day. I needed a break from home and wanted to do something I really loved."

"No further questions, your honour." Said William as he sat down.

"Cassie, I would like to ask why you didn't go out in the day?" Asked Chloe as she stood up and approached Cassie.

"I was busy."

"Can you talk me through your day?"

"Of course. Harriet came upstairs to my room and told me to get dressed because we were going out for breakfast. However, when I came downstairs, Wendy told me that they were taking the other two out and I had to stay home for the gardener. I was going to grab breakfast at home but there wasn't anything for breakfast because the delivery hadn't arrived. I had to stay home for that and clean the kitchen as well as the twins bedrooms because they couldn't be bothered to do it. It was about 4pm when they got back and I had plans to go to, so I left."

"So they hadn't fed you breakfast and you had to stay home. Doesn't seem very fair. Does it?"

Cassie came off the stand and walked outside of the court room as we had finished up for the day.

I came out and wrapped my arm around Cassie, pulling her to my side as she smiled up at me.

"You two worked so well together." Said Antonio as he and Cassie high fived.

"You were so badass on that stand." Said Kevin, making Cassie laugh.

We were just about to leave when a loud and irritating cough echoed through the almost empty corridor.

"Cassandra Mills, a word please." Said William as he looked towards us as we gathered around Cassie.

"You were supposed to be our witness." Said William as he roughly pulled her to the side by the sleeve of her dress.

Cassie had worn a smart black dress that had long sleeves attached to them because she didn't feel comfortably in trousers and it was kind of short notice.

"Yeah and I was." Said Cassie as she pulled her arm out of his grip.

I went to approach but Hank put his hand on my chest and forcefully pushed me back.

"C'mon Hank." I said to him as I tried to push against him.

Kevin stood in front of me to help stop me from going anywhere.

"Let's not make an issue out of nothing." Said Kim.

"It's not nothing." I snapped towards her.

I recognised my mistake straight away as I looked towards Adam, who had his eyebrows raised at me and looked like he was ready to attack me.

"Okay. Everyone chill out." Said Chloe.