Midgard V. Asgard

"Hey, kid. Kid, wake up!"

"There's someone you're gonna wanna meet. C'mon!"

Peter groaned and blinked awake, blurry figures and faces above him coming into focus as May and Tony, who were both shaking him to wake him up. He swatted them away, rolling onto his back. "What?" he asked groggily, "Is the apocalypse back? Have someone else go deal with it."

"What?" Tony asked, frowning. "No, there's someone who wants to meet you."

It was Peter's turn to frown tiredly. "Really?"

"Yeah," May answered. "We wouldn't be waking you up at five in the morning if they weren't really important."

"If they're really important, they can go to a meeting or something for five more minutes," Peter mumbled, closing his eyes and turning into his pillow again. "Or an hour."

Tony shook him again, "No, he doesn't have any meetings to go to. Now get up, or I'll drag you out."

Peter glared at him, then sighed and gave in. "I guess I'm already awake, so why not go meet this super important guy who apparently can't even wait until six in the morning, like a normal person," he grumbled, getting up. "I'm not changing with you two in here, if that's why you're still here," he said to May and Tony, earning a light smack upside the head from his aunt.

"Where'd the attitude come from?" she asked, though there was nothing mean in the words or action.

"You're waking me up at five in the morning!" Peter whined. "Even schools know that's an awful time to be woken up!"

"Pete, even I'm up early," Tony said, following May to the door.

"That's because you never went to bed in the first place," Peter sassed.

Tony scoffed and waved him off, closing the door behind him and leaving Peter to get dressed for the day.

Peter came out of his room a few minutes later, yawning and stretching as he came to the living room. "Okay, who's the super-important guy who wanted to--"

He stopped dead, eyes going wide.

"Who is this young Midgardian, Stark?" Thor Odinson asked, standing in the middle of the room with his arms folded, frowning and gesturing at where Peter was gaping at him. "Are you the Man of Spiders?"

Peter snapped his mouth shut and looked to Tony, who was sitting on the couch next to May, for help. "Uh..."

"He means Spider-Man," Tony stage-whispered.

"Oh. Uh... yeah?" Peter tried, taking a step back when Thor walked over to him, inspecting him.

"Impossible!" Thor exclaimed, walking around Peter as the younger tried to keep watching him, even though his feet were sticking to the carpet. "You are but a child!"

"Hey!" Peter protested, "I'm seventeen."

"Yeah," Tony sniggered, "very mature."

"Shut up, grandpa."

May laughed too, at that.

"How is it that you, a mere mortal, defeated the Mad Titan?" Thor asked, finishing his circuit around Peter, before reaching out and grabbing his arm, wrapping his entire, massive hand around Peter's bicep before Peter yanked it out of his grip. "You are built like a twig!"

"Wow, thanks for the encouragement," Peter said sarcastically, rolling his eyes as his nervousness drained from him. "And for the record, I'm stronger than I look."

"Yes, you would have to be to even stand the slightest chance against Thanos. He defeated the Hulk with ease."

"Okay, I actually knew that already. So, uh... why are you here? Again?"