“It’s complicated,” said Enyo. “Your father cloaked my visage so I could visit you without reprisal.”

“Reprisal from who?  How can he do that?” asked Jacob.

“Magic, your father is immortal Jacob,” said Enyo.

Loud thunder crashed in the distance interrupting her.  

Enyo grabbed Jacob by the arm, “We’re out of time Zeus is coming.” 

She had teleported them to a long forgotten island.  Jacob mouth dropped as he took in the breath-taking scene. Black sand stretched along the coast for miles. A lush vibrant green forest blanketed the island. Massive mountain ranges sat poised against the bright blue skyline.

“Where are we?” asked Jacob.

“The Wayward Isles,” said Enyo. “It was a potential prison for Calypso, due to it roaming nature.”

“Roaming nature?"

“The island magically vanishes every seven days, and reappears elsewhere,” said Enyo.

“Luckily, Poseidon favors your Father, so he keeps this place hidden.” 

“Really?”

“Ask him when you see him,” said Enyo with a smile.” He has many tales, that man. Come, we have a forest to trek through.” 

Enyo made Jacob take the lead, she wanted him to practice his abilities. She directed him as he craved a path through the thick jungle brush. Fifteen minute later, they came up a large jungle cottage. Thick vines ran across the rooftop. Herbs of various kinds grew in large garden outside. As they approached Jacob’s father came outside to greet them. Warren was giant of a man. His six-foot mahogany framed seems as if it was craved from granite. He wore black military cargo pants, with a matching a-shirt. He sported a full beard, bald head, and tattoos covered his massive arms. Jacob didn’t know what to say, he saw so much of himself in his father.  

Warren flashed a smile, “Jacob…Son come, come in,” he said gesturing towards the door. “I know you have a lot of question.”  

Emotions overwhelmed Jacob. He wanted to cry, but his pride wouldn’t let him. He didn’t want to appear weak in the presence of such a man.  They all entered the cottage and sat a large wooden table. Enyo sat beside Warren while Jacob sat directly across from them. In the center of the table was a folded tiny red blanket. Everyone remained silent; they stared at each other and smiled.  Enyo broke the silence first. 

“We have been watching you since you were a child,” said Enyo while Warren held her hand. 

“Giving you up was the hardest thing we ever had to do.”

“We fought against the Gods to keep you,” said Warren. “ But it was getting too dangerous for you.

So I we had to make a choice.” 

Jacob tried not cry, he closed his eyes as they streamed down his face.

“We know you have so many questions,” said Enyo. “We will answer them all in time.” 

Jacob slowly regain composer. “Mom told me you’re immortal?”

Warren smiled, “Yes that, well mortal man is no match for your mother’s love. So instead of risking my life, she asked Hercules for a golden apple,” he said. “Of course, Hercules wouldn’t just hand over something that grants immortality.”

“Of course,” said Jacob. “I know the myth.” 

 Warren smiled at Enyo, “Not myth son, truth. I had to prove I was worthy of apple and motherSo set out on an odyssey of my own.”