2001 - 2004

"Oh my gosh, Joonie! You are so cute. Our school uniform looks super cute on you," Seokjin exclaimed after seeing Namjoon who just came downstairs after changing into their school uniform. Today is their first day of class and he is so happy that Namjoon will be going to the same school as him. Namjoon looks cute while wearing their uniform that consists of a shirt, light cotton vest in their school's official color, tie and long pants. 

"Why am I hearing a but after that statement? Come on hyungie spill it out. We have been friends for 2 years now and I can practically hear your thoughts," Namjoon seriously stated while looking directly at the older one. They have basically the same outfit so he is sure that the older one is about to add something on his previous statement. 

Jin can only shake his head and while sighing, he said, "Are you sure that you are only 7? Why do I feel like you are way older than me?" 

"Don't change the subject of discussion hyungie. You were about to add a 'but' statement," Namjoon insisted and patiently waited until the older one would spill his thoughts completely. 

"Fine! I was just about to say that you are so cute in our school uniform but it is so unfair that we have almost the same height when you are in 1st grade and I am in 3rd. Happy now?" Seokjin exasperatedly stated. Every time they play outdoors, someone would mistakenly comment that they are the same age. That misconception only started because Namjoon is really tall for his age. 

"We can't alter genes hyungie. You know how tall both my parents are," Namjoon replied with a shrug while being busy with checking his school bag. 

"Wow the sass. You call me hyungie but you never fail to deliver your own kind of sass," Seokjin sarcastically replied. 

"Is being honest considered as sass?" Namjoon asked with a voice full of innocence. There are times that he got confused with Seokjin's thought process. They've been friends for two years now and thankfully they avoided a lot of major quarrels because he would always be the calm one. 

"It is not. As long as you're not delivering it like you do. Anyways, let's just go since we surely don't want to be late," Seokjin just ended the conversation with that statement and dragged the younger one out of the house to start their very first day of school together. 

2 years have passed since Namjoon and Seokjin became friends. And now, what they have could be considered as being more than friendship because Seokjin have practically been part of the Kim family with him spending most of his time in their home more than that of his own house. Seokjin's parents are too busy with their respective businesses that they barely spend time with their son. Instead of spending time with Seokjin they would just prefer showering him with gifts and would allow him to do whatever he wants. With such busy and unaffectionate parents, it was a blessing for Seokjin to meet Namjoon and his parents because Seokjin receives the love any child could ever want from a parent through Ari and Byungho. 

These past 2 years, both Namjoon and Seokjin developed a routine where they were able to spend and enjoy their time together. Even now that both boys are in big school, they were still able to get closer more than ever. Seokjin, chauffeured by his own family driver, would fetch Namjoon early in the morning to go to school and by afternoon they would also go home together. During weekdays, they would study and do their homework together even if they are in 2 different year levels and afterwards Seokjin would go home late at night after spending dinner with Namjoon and his family. Then during weekends they are still attached at the hip and play all day long. 

Seokjin would always have the latest versions of the home video game console which he would share with Namjoon. Seokjin is into video games with Mario Kart being his favorite and even if Namjoon doesn't really enjoy gaming, he would still play along with the older one. Knowing that video games could be addicting, Namjoon's mother would only let them play once they are done with their homework and studies.