Chapter Three: who am I?

Start from the beginning

   "Arabel, I was waiting for you," she smiled.

   "Raquel, longest time," I said hugging her. Raquel released me abruptly and stared into my eyes with a funny intense expression on her face. She arched a brow suspiciously and moved back. "Is everything okay?" I asked with concern.

   "Yes, just… Jena, the water!"

   "I'll be back," Jena said calmly and ran out.

   "Are you feeling okay, Ara?"

   "A hundred percent," I chirped.

   "I always knew there was a reason you fit in well with us but could never pinpoint why. Why didn't I feel it before?" She mused.

Feel what?

    "How have you been?" I asked, intentionally changing the awkward topic. Raquel seemed to go into her own world sometimes, so her husband begged us to ignore her when she gets in one of her moments.

   "Fine," she said, a smile crawling onto her lips. She leaned closer to me. "I'm pregnant," she whispered. I gasped and cupped my mouth.

   "No way!"

   "Yes way," she laughed, "I couldn't believe it either because something I don't want to talk about forbade me from having a baby but now I have one growing in my womb," she whispered with tears glistening in her eyes. Thunder cracked in the sky which was strange because the weather was far from stormy. Raquel quickly wiped off her tears as if it was an abomination. Since I met Raquel, she had only cried once and that day, there was a worldwide thunderstorm. She thought Arthur, her husband was involved in a plane crash and lost it. That day remains the scariest day of my life.

   "Have you told him yet?"

   "No,"

   "Why?" I asked quizzically.

   "Joyful fear I guess. I still think it's a prank and I don't want to get him excited for no reason because he believes we can never have a child of our own," she said lowly.

   "Oh come on, Raquel! You have living evident growing inside of you, that should be enough," she smiled and sighed.

   "You won't understand," she said smilingly, "anyways, it doesn't matter. I will tell him when he returns."

    "I'm back!" Jena squealed, walking back to us. Her third triplet sister was with her. Jinora, wife of Lyle, younger twin of Kyle, Jena's husband. They just married each other.

   "So what is the gist all about?" Jinora asked curiously.

   "Was just sharing the news with her," Raquel shrugged. Jena was just smiling and tapping her feet with red cheeks. "What's with you?" Raquel snorted.

   "Kyle is killing her with flirtatious looks," Jinora laughed, shaking her head. I trailed her gaze to Kyle and almost choked on my saliva. He was as gorgeous as ever and half-naked. These people should be condemned by the law for taunting us, single women. I wish I was Jena, Nora, or Raquel. Their husbands were so yummy I had wet dreams about them. I will never go after their husbands but that didn't mean I couldn't drool.

Arabel!

   "Creamy," I gasped simultaneously with Raquel at the sound of Arthur's voice. Are these people trying to kill me? Yes. This was hot men's overload. Arthur was the right amount of perfection and every woman's dream. But unfortunately and fortunately, the man only had eyes for his wife. I mean, why would he cheat anyway? She's the most beautiful woman on the planet. Raquel turned sharply and screamed happily. I covered my ears along with others because her scream could send someone to a hospital. Literally, my ex-lover passed out because of it.

The Cold She-wolfOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara