19

At 4:55 there was a knock on Emerald's door. Both Neve and Emerald's heads turned almost instantly. Emerald jumped off the couch and bolted to the door. Neve followed close behind her. Emerald opened the door with so much force she almost fell out and hit Neve. Reed stared at her.

"You're energetic." Reed said.

"Isn't she always?" Neve asked coming out from behind the door.

"True. True." Reed said, and nodded.

"Well are you just gonna stand there? Come inside!" Emerald said.

"Yeah right." Reed said. They walked inside and took off her jacket, hanging it on one of the hooks on the wall.

"Why are you still wearing a jacket? It's like May?" Emerald said.

"Yeah and it's cold." Reed said.

"No it's not, it's 60 degrees!" Emerald yelled.

"That's cold!" Reed yelled back.

"No it's not!"

"I think that 60 degrees is exactly in the middle. I consider it cold when it's 50 degrees and under and hot when it's 70 degrees and over. Although, there is also the factor of a wind chill but it isn't a very windy day today so I think that the weather is somewhere in the middle." Neve said.

Both Emerald and Reed turned to look at her. They stayed there for a minute, none of them saying a word. Then suddenly Emerald turned to Reed and screamed, "It's hot!"

"No it's not!" Reed screamed back.

"I need new friends." Neve muttered and walked back to the couch. Nearly a second after she sat down the doorbell rang. Neve groaned and got up.

Reed and Emerald had stopped arguing, distracted by the sound of the doorbell.

"There was a doorbell?" Reed asked.

"Of course there was you stupid idiot! You have been coming to my house all the time since we were like ten and you never knew there was a doorbell!" Emerald said.

"Did you move?" Reed asked.

"No!"

"Then no. I didn't know you had a doorbell." Reed said calmly. Emerald yelled in frustration.

Neve went over to the door.

"What the hell is all the screaming about?" Kai asked when Neve opened the door.

"Emerald and Reed are both here." She said.

"That would do it." He replied. Neve let Kai in and the two of them stood watching Reed and Emerald for a minute.

"You ready to rescue your sister?" Kai asked.

"Yeah. I can't wait to get her out of there. I'm a little nervous that I'll run into my parents though." Neve said.

"It'll be okay." Kai smiled. "You'll have your friends and I'm sure any of us would not hesitate to help you in any situation, I know I wouldn't."

Neve smiled. She was glad she had such amazing friends.

The doorbell rang again. Both Neve and Kai looked over. They raced to the door and then opened it to find Emmett.

"Hey!" Neve said.

"Hi. What's up with them?" Emmett asked, nodding towards Emerald and Reed who were still arguing about doorbells.

"They do that. Too much." Kai said.

"Okay, well we should probably get going." Emmett said.

"Yeah. Guys!" Neve yelled. Emerald and Reed looked at her. They were still shocked whenever Neve yelled.

"What?" Reed asked. "Are we going?"

"Yeah." Kai said.

"Wait I just have to tell you guys something. You know how earlier Reed came up with that stupid idea that our team name should be amazing well I had an idea that that could stand for something so this is what I came up with. Amazing much awesome zero injury nerd group." Emerald said.

"What?" Reed asked.

"Amazing much awesome zero injury nerd group." Emerald said again.

"No. I misspoke sorry. I meant why?" Reed said. "Why ruin our group name like that?"

"Because," Emerald started.

"Guys!" Neve said, cutting off Emerald. "That's great but we've got stuff to do."

"Yeah right! Let's go!" Emerald said. She and Reed ran out the door, pushing each other to the side as they ran.

"They're going to date right?" Emmett asked.

"Oh definitely." Kai said.

"Okay, let's go!" Emerald said, running past them.

\(º □ º )/

The five of them reached Neve's parent's house. Emerald, Reed, and Emmett walked up towards the door. Neve was about to go then stopped suddenly. She didn't expect it to be so hard to come back to her old house.

Kai looked at her, "You really don't have to go inside if you don't want to. All of us understand that this is very hard for you."

Neve swallowed back all her fear, "I'm fine." She forced a smile. "Let's go."

Neve and Kai walked up to the door where Emerald was banging on the door. The door opened slowly. Harper's head peeked out and her eyes widened at the sight of Neve and all her friends.

She opened the door wider. "What are you guys doing here?"

"Where here to get you out." Neve said.

"Really?!" Asked Harper. Her face lit up when Neve nodded.

"Are your parents home?" Reed asked.

"No." Harper said.

"Okay. Go to your room and put everything you want to keep in your suitcase. We can help you carry it if you need." Reed said.

Harper ran up the stairs as fast as her small legs could take her. She came back down nearly half an hour later with her suitcase. Emmett and Reed went to go carry it.

"Uh. Guys. We might have a small problem." Kai said, while looking out the window.

"What?" Emerald asked.

"There's a car coming down the street. It looks like your parents car." He said.

"Shit." Whispered Reed. Harper looked at them and smiled, mentally recording that for her curse word library.

"Get Harper and start running." Emmett said to Neve, Emerald, and Kai. "Me and Reed can get the bag out."

Neve grabbed Harper by the wrist. Emerald opened the door and ushered them out. They started running. The car was catching up so they ran faster.

After a lot of running they managed to get far away from the driveway just as the car pulled into it. They all stopped running, entirely out of breath. Emmett and Reed caught up to them with the bag.

"They almost saw us." Emmett said.

"I'm glad they didn't. Although they might not have recognized you. They don't care what my friends look like." Neve said. The six of them walked back to Emerald's house. Once they were there they got Harper settled into the same room as Neve. Emerald's mom thought that Harper was adorable and was more than happy to let Harper stay with them.

"Thank you." Harper said, hugging Neve.

A/N: HARPER! I agree with Emerald's mom, she's adorable. Hope you enjoyed this chapter.