History class was just as basic as always. They learned the same stuff all taking place in the same place just like they always did. At least she could zone out and daydream since most of the material was review.

Neve was so glad that her friend group was whole again, and now they had a new member. Her friends were the most important things to her and the times she spent without them were the worst. She had missed Reed, Emerald and Kai and the way they used to be, but now everything was okay. They were all back. Except Harper.

Harper had repeatedly crossed Neve's mind. She was overjoyed to be away from her parents but despite that she always regretted leaving Harper. She spent so much time lying on her bed thinking about how Harper was. What she was doing. Sometimes her thoughts would show the bad things. Neve didn't know what her parents would do to Harper without Neve there to protect her. The possibilities were endless, each one more terrible than the last. Neve had to get her out. But how?

How could you save someone from somewhere you barely managed to save yourself from? Neve didn't know. Maybe she could ask her friends, but they wouldn't understand. They didn't know everything that her parents were capable of. Their suggestion would be for Neve to just go herself. Why wouldn't she? They didn't understand the fear that her parents caused her. They weren't too bad, many people had it worse, way worse, but they definitely weren't good. They never hurt them, not physically, that was the problem. To their parents Neve and Harper didn't exist, and when they did they weren't children, they were maids, and other times they were just problems.

So her friends wouldn't understand. Kai was the only one that would get close. She had told him some things, but she never told him everything. Neve sighed, it shouldn't be this hard to ask her friends for help, but she didn't know who to ask. Reed and Emmett wouldn't understand so she couldn't ask them. She had learned her lesson with getting advice from Emerald and she was not tempted to try that again. And Kai. Kai was the most sensible option, she knew that. She should ask Kai, but finding time alone with him would be hard. Adding to that, everything had been so awkward between the two of them. They were friends and that had never changed but it was not the same and I may never be the same again. Their closeness was torn, like someone had ripped a picture of them in half and then taped it back together. But a taped picture doesn't look the same. Nothing looked the same.

It wouldn't be the same as elementary school, when it was them and one other, Violet. The three of them were inseparable, you would never see one without the other two. They would joke together and play games and everything was carefree. Then just before middle school Violet moved across the country, and she was gone.

Throughout middle school it was just Neve and Kai. They had a few people that they would associate with occasionally, but they weren't really friends. They stuck together and listened to each other when stuff got hard. You couldn't find closer friends. Then they went to high school.

The first few days it was just the two of them, just like middle school. Then one day Neve was shoved onto a locker by one of the football players, which spiked her hatred for everything and anything football, especially that player, Liam. Neve was shocked. Everyone was laughing at her and Kai was in the bathroom so there was no one to help her, or so she thought.

All of a sudden Liam fell as if he had been pushed. Behind him stood a girl with fiery red hair. She was the one who had shoved him.

"Move it loser. Haven't I already told you? If you want to pick on people you better be ready for the consequences. Karma's a bitch and it hits you twice as hard as you hit others. So stand up and get moving. None of us want to see your ugly face anymore. You're contaminating the air." Emerald had said. Neve looked up at her.

"I'm Emerald by the way. Sorry about him, he's a dick." She said.

"I'm Neve." Neve had said. And that was it, they were friends. Emerald joined their group and she came with Reed. Despite the new members Neve and Kai were still more close then the other two could be to either of them. They were before, now they weren't.

Neve's thoughts were getting off topic now, she needed to get back on track. What to do about Harper? That was the question.

After lots of thinking she decided the best plan would be to ask everyone. All her friends. Someone would be able to help. She would ask them tomorrow. She would have more time to mull it over that night. She would think about what to say then ask them the next day.

That night came and went and Neve walked into school again. She attended her classes and waited until lunch where she would talk to them.

"These burgers are terrible!" Emerald yelled, dropping her tray.

"Oh well, you should have brought lunch." Reed said, taking out a wonderful looking sandwich from their bag.

"You disgust me." Emerald said.

"Right back at ya." Reed replied, biting into her sandwich.

"Hey guys I have to ask you something." Neve said. This was it. The moment of truth.

"Okay shoot." Reed said, turning to face her.

"I need help getting Harper out of my house." She said.

"No shit Sherlock!" Emerald said. "Of course you need to get her out of that stupid house. I was actually concerned that it took this long."

"I have a plan. We go over, all of us then we'll outnumber them. They open the door we say, 'hi we are here to speak with Harper.' If they get Harper we go inside with her, help her pack and get her out. If they don't we run in with force. And if they aren't home we automatically win." Reed said.

"Genius plan!" Kai said.

"I agree." Said Emmett.

"It's good, I guess but what if we climbed through a window?" Emerald asked.

"No!" Everyone else said in unison.

"Fine, we'll go with Reed's plan." Emerald said, then she blew a bunch of hair out of her face and continued eating the burger she hated.

"Okay so we meet at, uh, Emerald's house?" Kai said. Emerald nodded. "Kay. We meet at Emerald's house at let's say 5 so we can get her before sunset. And then we head over and get her out?"

"Yeah that works." Neve said. She was so happy that they helped.

"Let's do it guys!" Emerald said.

"In like five hours." Said Emmett.

"Same difference!" Emerald said. "Come on guys, let's come up with a group cheer!"

"What?" Kai asked.

Emerald ignored him. "Okay so what if we combine our names. Emaiveedrald!"

"No." Reed said.

"Needemraitt? Remrevekett? Eenrk?"

"Just stop." Reed said.

"Fine. We need a group name though." Emerald said.

"Let's call ourselves amazing. It's accurate." Reed suggested.

"Fine. Anyone have any other ideas?" Everyone shook their heads. "Okay amazing it is." Emerald said.

"Cool." Said Neve.

"Put your hands in the middle okay three, two, one."

"Amazing!" They all said. They laughed, happy they were together. Even if there group name wasn't the best they were happy and everything was wonderful if only for a moment.

A/N: Guys if everything goes as planned we only have 5 chapters left! P.S. I love this chapter and I love you ❤️❤️❤️ See you soon! - Emma