Did she like Emmett? That was the question that had been running through Neve's head for the past couple days. After lots of thinking no answer came to Neve's mind. She had never paid much attention to Emmett, unless Emerald brought him up.

The only person Neve had been able to talk to since she found out about Emmett was Reed. It's seemed as if Kai and Emerald had been avoiding her. She really wanted to talk to Emerald because she knew why Emerald was mad, but she didn't understand why Kai would be angry.

After another week it turned out that Kai had not been angry with Neve, he just got sick. Reed and Neve explained to Kai why Emerald wasn't talking to Neve.

"What? How is that Neve's fault?" Kai asked Reed.

"I don't know, but Emerald doesn't tend to think about a situation before she acts. I've known her a lot longer than you two have and this has happened before. She normally forgets about her anger after a couple weeks." Reed answered.

"A couple weeks!?" Neve and Kai yell.

"It'll be fine. She'll feel lonely and end up coming back to us." Reed said. Neve still want so sure. She had to talk to Emerald.

The next day Neve walked into school and saw Emerald's bright red hair towards the other side of the hallway. She started to cry out but Emerald turned into a classroom and the crowd swept Neve away from her. At lunch she saw Emerald and walked over to her but Reed grabbed her arm and took her to the line for lunch. Reed told her that Emerald didn't want to talk, but Neve wouldn't give up that easily.

"Emerald!" She yelled tapping Emeralds shoulder.

The bright red haired girl turned around. "Can I help you?" It was not Emerald.

"Sorry, I thought you were my friend." She turned back around and mumbled that there was more than one red haired person at this school. This must have happened before.

On the walk back from school she saw a girl that had to be Emerald. She had the same fashion sense, walk, and even her backpack looked the same. If this wasn't Emerald than Neve was a fish, and she hated fish.

"Emerald." Neve said and Emerald turned around.

"Yeah?" Emerald asked.

"Have you been avoiding me?" Neve asked.

"No. I've been avoiding everyone." She said and turned back around.

"Why?" Neve asked.

"Because I'm hurt." She said.

"By Emmett."

"Yeah, by Emmett."

"I'm sorry. I wish he didn't like me."

"Yeah. Why was it you? You hate him. There is no way you would ever like him back. Why you?" Emerald asked. At that moment everything clicked. Of course Neve didn't like him. Why had she even considered it. Liking Emmett was like liking that kid she jabbed with a sharp pencil in third grade. Kai insisted that she had stabbed him that was just a lie. Anyway, it just wouldn't work. She hated Emmett.

"I don't know, Emerald." Neve responded to Emeralds questions.

Emerald sighed and continued walking. Then she stopped. She turn her head and said to Neve, "I don't hate you. That would be stupid. It's not your fault. I just need time." Neve nodded her head and walked off in the opposite direction.

The minute Neve opened the door to her house she got a text from Kai. 'Hey do you want to come over. We can just talk. Y'know like old times.'

'Just let me ask my parents.' Neve responded. She searched the whole house but couldn't find her parents anywhere. Her parents were fine with her and Harper doing whatever they wanted while they were gone as long as they were both home and the house was sparkling by the time they got back.

Neve texted her parents telling them to text her around a half hour before they got home. She then texted Kai that she would be right over.

She ran past Harper and told her that she was going to Kai's and would be back later. Harper nodded implying that she heard, but she did not take her eyes off the TV where she was watching some kids show.

Neve ended up at Kai's front door fifteen minutes later. "Fifteen minutes. That's a new record." Kai said when he opened the door.

"I know!" Neve said excitedly.

"Let's go to my room." Kai said and we both went upstairs.

A/N: Why are the chapters getting shorter they should be getting longer? At least this is a little longer than the last one. Did you like todays chapter? There's a little bit of drama with Emerald but at least she doesn't hate Neve. Yet.
Hehe. Emma.