13

"You should really forgive Emerald." Emmett said the next day.

"I don't know if I can." Neve said.

"We would be able to help you if you told us what was going on." Kai said.

"Oh yeah. So don't hate me."

"Oh god." Emmett said.

"But it was about you guys."

"What?" Asked Kai.

"So as you know there was a point in time that may still be now where you both liked me."

"Oh yeah that." Said Kai.

"Emerald loves dramatic romance movies with lots of love triangles and she thought 'hey this would be so cool if I could help Neve and make an amazing plot for a movie' so she told me a bunch of steps for how I could make this good and live a normal happy life. One of the steps was to figure out which one of you I liked because she was certain that I had to like one of you. So I started working to figure out everything and because I was having so much trouble I ended up spending a lot of time doing that. My parents logic was that if I didn't work for them I couldn't live with them so I was out. Then blah blah blah I realized that I don't like either of you, so you can stop being my friend now if that's what you're here for. The the next step according to Emerald was that you guys needed to fight over me. I wanted to skip that step but then it turned out that instead of you two fighting I fought with her. So yeah." Neve said.

Both Kai and Emmett looked shocked.

"You did what?!" Yelled Kai.

Emmett laughed.

"Why are you laughing? This isn't funny!" Kai said.

"The situation isn't but the way you reacted was hilarious." Emmett said. Kai looked away so Neve couldn't see his face.

Neve looked at Emmett. "You're not mad?"

"Nah." He said.

"I am." Said Kai.

"We know!" Said Emmett and Neve at the same time.

"But Emmett why aren't you mad?" Neve asked.

"Because my buddies would've done the same thing if two girls liked me. Either that or we'd be meaner. It didn't really affect me so I don't mind. Plus I never would have started talking to you without this whole mess. So it's fine." Emmett said. Neve smiled. She was glad there was someone that didn't hate her.

"Well I guess that is true." Kai said.

"No. Kai if you're mad, stay mad. I understand. It's fine." Neve said.

"Nah it's cool. I'm not too mad. Just a little. It's weird but I'll figure it out." Kai said. "I also, as Emerald can't help but remind me I 'don't have feelings' whatever the hell that means."

"It might be because you tend to block out your emotions and most things don't bother you? Or just because your antisocial and hate everyone." Neve said.

"Hey I don't hate everyone! I like you guys! And hate is a feeling so..."

"Yeah okay. So the first one then?"

"Yeah probably."

"I don't know you very well, but I think I'm pretty good at reading people and from what I've seen it doesn't seem like you don't have feelings. I think you have a lot of emotions, you just choose not to express them." Emmett said, then he looked at Kai and smiled.

Kai's mouth was wide open. "I- What is this witchcraft!?"

Emmett laughed, "Like I said I'm very good at reading people."

"Tell me more." Kai said.

"I actually want to hear too." Neve said.

"Okay well, Emerald seems like she tends to yell things that she doesn't really mean often when she's upset, and like she need validation from the people she cares about but often chooses the option that means disagreeing with them."

"One hundred percent correct. Continue please." Neve said.

"Um. Neve, when I first started talking to you, you didn't seem like the romance type. I didn't get those vibes from you. I also think you tend to keep all your emotions to yourself and then you eventually explode. You also, as we know, get extremely obsessive over things that don't matter."

"How?!" Kai yelled. "This is a scam! A set up! How long have you two been discussing this?"

"We never discussed it stupid. I didn't know most of this about you, Emerald, or even myself." Neve said.

"How. Do. You. Not. Know. About yourself?!"

"God buddy calm down." Emmett said.

"I cannot calm. I am always angry." Kai said.

"Okay so no feelings is a lie. I'm now thinking one feeling. Anger." Neve said.

"Yep definitely." Emmett agreed.

"That's-" Kai started. Neve and Emmett looked at him. He sighed, "probably true."

"But anyway back to the original topic of the conversation, if you don't want to fix your friendship with Emerald, what else can we help you fix?" Emmett asked.

"Fix your friendship with Reed." Kai said.

"We could also-" Neve began.

"No. Reed." Kai said. "She's not talking to you therefore she's not talking to anyone and I have to do a project with her next week for art and I don't want to have to do an awkward art project. It will be less good."

"I think you should be caring about the fact that she's your friend and not the fact that you have to do a project with her." Emmett said.

"I do! I just also care about that too. I think it's more likely to make Neve want to do that." Kai said.

"Why the hell would that make me more likely to restore one of my closest friendships?" Neve asked.

"I don't know!" Kai said. "Your brain is weird!"

"Guys! Calm down. I don't think it matters very much. You just need to make friends with Reed again. It shouldn't be that hard." Emmett said. Both Neve and Kai stare at Emmett. This sentence proved that he did not know Reed at all. If she wanted to avoid someone she would have backup plans for her backup plans to make sure she came in no contact with them. If she wants space, she gets space. This time. They need to talk.

A/N: Ahhhhhh! Part two. So exciting. I have pictures I made of the characters and character aesthetics, do you think I should post them? Have a great day! Also I didn't really check for mistakes so tell me if there are any typos or badly written paragraphs.
Emma