"Exactly! And I just took it out of his wallet." Anasui smiled triumphantly for making the blond look bad in front of his own boss and, hopefully, soon Jolyne too. He immediately remembered when Giorno hit him hours before and that gave him more reason to want to make him look bad in front of the family. He really didn't like him.

As for Jotaro, his jealous father side grew, turning into distrust, or at least only at that moment, as Giorno was still his co-worker. Not knowing enough about the young man made him somewhat insecure. They had worked together for several years along with Guido Mista, who perhaps didn't know who he really worked with either. Was he not the person he thought he was? Giorno never mentioned anything about any other name.

He didn't know what to think. The pink-haired man had sown a great seed of doubt.

"Well?" Anasui snapped him out of his thoughts. "When do you plan to run that impostor out of your house?"

Jotaro looked at him and narrowed his eyes.

"I didn't ask you to rummage through Giorno's belongings. I just want to keep his eyes off my daughter!" He handed the phone back, shoving it against his chest, and turned away, rather uneasy with what he had just discovered. Anasui was confused.

"Hey, old man! What's wrong with you?" he said, only to be ignored. Now he felt like a fool, thinking he had screwed up. It had been the perfect discovery!

As he set out to return home, strange images formed in Jotaro's head, ones of a little Jolyne walking away and holding the hand of that young man with straight hair and eyes just like Giorno's smiling wickedly as he took his little girl away.

Was Giorno not really Giorno Giovanna?

"Mom?" Jolyne called with the tray in her hands, not comprehending what she saw. "What are you doing?" She couldn't help the bitterness that caused her to make a not very happy grimace, which didn't go unnoticed by Mrs. Kujo and Giorno.

"Jolyne, let me help you with that." Immediately, her mom went straight to her, wanting to take what she was carrying. However, Jolyne put up a resistance, not letting her take it.

Mrs. Kujo stepped back dumbfounded, looking at her face with a slight frown. Her daughter did not usually behave like that with her.

"It's all right, I can handle it. I'm not ten years old," Jolyne said with a stern voice as she walked towards Giorno, making the woman step aside. "Here, your breakfast." She deposited the tray on the night table in a slightly abrupt manner, avoiding looking at the blond. He arched his eyebrow in confusion at such a sudden attitude. What was wrong with her? He didn't like her attitude.

Then, in a hurried step, she left the room, leaving her mom possibly hurt and Giorno rather uncomfortable and certainly frightened at what she could have imagined. One would have to be an idiot not to think that Jolyne had misinterpreted the situation. If he thought about it, the situation bothered him because of Mrs. Kujo's recklessness and her daughter's distrust. Although, he didn't know if it was really fair to be angry with such a scene.

"Ma'am..." Giorno called from the bed to Mrs. Kujo, who turned around restlessly.

Looking directly at the young man, she felt a surge of guilt. Perhaps being discovered in some way by her daughter was a sign that she should not inquire so unduly about the young man. Those slightly narrow green eyes certainly seemed to be judging her. To the blond, however, they only conveyed confusion and annoyance at the possibility of the girl he had just kissed getting the wrong idea.

Mrs. Kujo relaxed by dropping her shoulders and looked closely at Giorno, but in a less profound way, one where she only recited Haruno's name inwardly. Various images from the past came to her mind. A face that unerringly matched his despite his hair; a boy who held her beloved daughter in his arms while she rested her little head on his shoulder, covered by a coat.