Chapter 5

As the humid morning dawned, the rainy season was already present. In truth, it was one of those days that the Kujo family used to enjoy, especially in regards to Jolyne and her dad.

Giorno and Jotaro were the first to get up, as they were not used to the time of the region they now suffered. They had been able to fall asleep thanks to the heavy flight and a good bath.

"The flight wasn't so bad actually," Giorno said on the phone, sitting in the living room. "Although, I must admit that the time difference is starting to affect me a bit." He rubbed his neck.

"Well, now you know why I hate traveling so far," Mista said from the other end of the line. "But you agreed to take this trip. The old man does appreciate you enough to invite you to his own home or whatever." There was a hint of mockery in his tone.

"He invited you too, Mista." Giorno rolled his eyes, not feeling very pleased with the aforementioned. "And I'm not sure how much he appreciates me. He's been a little tough with me ever since we arrived." The last part was said in a lowered voice.

"He never mentioned it to me. And what are you talking about? Of course, he has so much consideration for you. He almost treats you like a son..."

Behind Giorno came Jotaro.

"Good morning, Giorno," he said with his strong and serious voice, which Mista managed to hear.

"That's Jotaro, right? Tell him he's a malevolent old man and..."

"Mista greets you." Giorno took the phone away from his ear, addressing the man.

"Useless..." Jotaro replied simply.

"He says the same." He returned to the phone. Mista just made a face, knowing very well what the older man had said.

"Agh! Doesn't matter! That old man knows how irritable he is and so do you. What's different about his attitude towards you now? He's always been a pain in the ass, so it shouldn't surprise you."

Giorno checked behind him to see if Jotaro was still close. He did not see him.

"That's not why Mista," he said, lowering his voice and gripping the phone. "It's about his daughter..."

"His daughter?" The dark-eyed young man remembered. "Oh right, his daughter! Whoa, whoa!" There was a mischievous spark in his voice. "Is she hot?"

"Mista, let me finish!" he exclaimed, somewhat exasperated.

"Oh, come on! Just tell me then. I mean, you're not blind, if you know what I mean."

Now that his friend mentioned it, Giorno's thoughts involuntarily headed in that direction.

"Well, yes..." Feeling a little uncomfortable, the color slightly rose to his face. "Jolyne is a very good-looking girl."

"Jolyne, huh?" Mista paused a little, guessing what was happening. "Well, let me guess. You arrived and met his daughter Jolyne, making some kind of contact, and from the way you responded just now, she must be quite the snack. Or am I wrong?" He didn't let Giorno answer. "And with that unbearable old man present, he became upset with you. Did I get it right?" He finished, feeling confident in his conjecture.

"Eh..." Giorno was surprised by how he had broken up the whole event without having been present. "Yeah, that's what basically happened."

"Sometimes, I surprise even myself," Mista said with arrogance and pride. "I know how to understand people, especially you and that mastodon."

"Less so with Trish..."

"She's another story entirely!" He launched with his arm raised, thinking about how difficult that woman was. "Anyway, getting back to the topic, don't let the grumpy Kujo rattle you. He's just a jealous father. Jotaro will be Jotaro, but it's not going to ruin your life or anything."