Chapter 13

With a straight posture and confident steps, Dio was guided by the flight attendant to his seat in the plane's first class section.

"Your seat, sir," said the woman, pointing politely. He did nothing more than sit down and settle in while the flight attendant opened a tray and poured whiskey into a sophisticated glass. "Here you are."

Dio didn't respond. Without even looking at her, he grabbed the glass and took a couple of small sips, savoring the delicious concoction. The woman waited in silence to see if he needed anything else, but the blond just gestured with his hand for her to leave, continuing to taste the drink with his eyelids closed.

A little annoyed by such an ungracious attitude, the flight attendant left, thinking that she should be used to that kind of treatment. Although, that did not prevent her from thinking how arrogant the well-known businessman Dio Brando was.

The man waited patiently in his seat for them to take off. He looked out the window at nowhere and wondered whether he should have traveled on a private plane. Having been blinded by his desire to intercept his favorite son whom he wanted to get back, he hadn't thought things through and got carried away, thus rushing his actions.

"I lack self-discipline..." he muttered, taking another sip. Being an important, intelligent and handsome man, as he reviewed almost daily, he had to stop these childish outbursts.

Anyway, what was done was done and he would go to Florida as soon as possible.

Haruno Shiobana would see him when he saw him and apologize. Yes, that's what his ungrateful son should do.

United States, Florida

Jotaro left his house to meet the pink-haired young man at the nearest park. He walked with some regret and reluctance. But seeing how insistent Anasui was, it might be worth listening to what he had to say, although he really couldn't imagine what it might be about.

Having been summoned by him via text message to the nearest park, Jotaro arrived and saw the young man in the distance with his arms crossed and his foot tapping impatiently. Noticing his approach, Anasui's eyes shone as he met him halfway. Jotaro wanted to get what he had discovered out of him.

"So, what do you have to tell me that's so important, you snuck into my house like that?" Now he was the one with his arms crossed. "It had better be something worthwhile. I'm missing lunch because of this."

"Oh, father-in-law! Believe me, it will be very much worth it." Anasui grabbed Jotaro's shoulders and pulled him closer, making him uncomfortable. "Gioconda is leading a double life."

The man arched an eyebrow in confusion.

"What?"

"That idiot is not what he seems!" Anasui broke away, turning his back to him and stretching his arms as if he was outraged.

"What are you talking about? That's bullshit."

"I'm not, and I have proof!" He turned around, expressing confidence as he pulled out his cell phone.

"No, asshole, Giorno has dual citizenship." It was well known that Giorno had a Japanese mother, and although Jotaro didn't know much about his biological father, Giorno also showed western features. To Jotaro, it was obvious he was Italian.

"Oh yeah? Then can you explain this to me?" The young man put the screen to his face, making Jotaro take a step back and fix his eyes on the picture. It showed two IDs; one was of Giorno Giovanna, his age, nationality, and so on, but the other one...

"Where did you get this?" he asked, taking the phone, paying attention to the ID filled with Japanese characters and a photograph of a black-haired young man of at least fifteen years old. Jotaro would know how to read it, since he was half Japanese thanks to his father, but because of the blurriness of the picture, it was difficult to make out what it said. He could only figure out one name: Haruno. "It can't be Giorno."