Seventeen

Chan woke up to a flood of light shining in from the window of Felix's guest bedroom. He groaned, remembering the events of last night. He had no idea what was going to happen when he talked to Jisung today, but he figured he had to at least try to get the younger to be on some level of understand before he did anything stupid with the information.

It wasn't that Chan didn't trust Jisung, but he saw the world in a similar way to Changbin; black and white. People were either good or bad, deserved punishment or didn't. They didn't have room for 'complicated' when it came to their morals, and that worried Chan.

"Morning." Felix said as Chan left the guest bedroom, dressed in his clothes from the day prior. He had borrowed some deodorant, and a toothbrush, so he didn't feel completely gross.

"Hey." Chan smiled, immediately heading to grab his shoes. He didn't want to overstay his welcome.

"Do you want some tea or something before you leave?" Felix offered, Chan laughing internally as he knew that was the only thing the blond could offer.

"No thank you. I'm just gonna head back and try sort things out." The elder explained, Felix nodding.

"Let me know how it goes. How it actually goes." Felix said, his expression worrisome.

"I will. I promise." Chan nodded. He didn't think he could lie about it if he tried - his expression alone would give him away.

Nervous and tense, Chan left the apartment and made his way home. When he finally got in the apartment, he was met with an angry Jisung.

"Look who's back." Jisung said, turning his head away. "Changbin got an early shift, so he's not here to hear whatever you think you have to say."

"Ji, please, can we just talk." Chan pleaded, walking over to the younger, who still wouldn't meet the elder's eyes.

"I don't want to talk." Jisung said simply, tapping his finger on the kitchen table.

"I'm sorry I kept this from you. But you need to understand how important it is to keep this a secret - from everyone." Chan sighed, slipping his shoes off.

"Why, so the cops don't arrest your new friend?" Jisung scoffed.

Chan frowned. "You think the cops would believe anything anyways?"

"Oh, gaslighting me. Nice." Jisung rolled his eyes, and finally turned to look at the elder. "Whatever about keeping it from me, Chan, I honestly am not focused on that right now. He's murdered people. Innocent people. He tried to murder you too. Why on earth would you protect him?"

"I'm not protecting him. I'm protecting us." The brunet explained. "There are a lot of people who would kill us if they knew we knew what we do."

"Is that supposed to scare me? I could get hit by a bus tomorrow, doesn't mean I'm gonna let a murderer walk free."

"I know it's hard to understand, but Felix isn't a bad person. He's controlled by what he is." Chan sighed, leaning against the table.

"So that makes it okay? It makes him murdering people okay?!" Jisung laughed in disbelief. "I'm going to the police."

"No, please." Chan was practically begging, desperation in his voice. "It's not a good idea."

"I think it's a worse idea that he doesn't face the consequences of his actions."

"Okay, say you go to the police, and they believe you. You do know he's a vampire, right? He'll never make it to jail. He'll escape before he's even got handcuffs on, and then all you'll be left with is Felix still out there, and a bunch of people who know something they do not need to know."