Splendor x Drider Reader

Start from the beginning

"Excuse me! Hi! Have you seen a young child by chance?!" A voice suddenly shouts, Y/N turning around to see the source.

"SPLENDY!" Alex cries, Y/N setting him down to hug this Splendy person.

"Alex! Thank goodness you're safe!" Splendy cries as he hugs the young child.

"Y/N was helping me get out of here and back home. They're so nice!" Alex grins, looking at the spider being.

"Wow, you're a Drider!" Splendy cries. "Thank you for helping Alex."

"He's in need of a new home," Y/N says. "I fear this was no accident."

"Oh my, you seem to be right. Alex, do you want to stay until I find a proper family for you?" Splendy asks.

"I wanna stay with Y/N!" Alex declares.

"O-Oh, I fear I reside in a cave. No place for a human especially as winter approaches," Y/N explains.

"You live in a cave?!" Splendy shouts, Y/N protectively shielding Alex and hissing at Splendy. "S-Sorry! I didn't mean to scare you."

"It's okay, Y/N. He gets very excited over things," Alex explains, gently patting the spider being's arm.

"S-Sorry. I'm used to......," Y/N trails off with a grimace. "Alex, I have no way go give you a proper life. Go with your Splendy friend now."

"Absolutely not," Splendy declares.

"Wh-what?" Y/N asks in surprise.

"You're not going back to a cave, not if I can help it. You come with me and Alex. You may reside in my mansion. It's much better than a cave. It's much too cold in the winter to survive outside," Splendor tells Y/N. "Please?"

Y/N is completely taken aback by Splendor's manners and kindness, holding Alex protectively as they consider Splendor's offer. Being inside during winter? That would be so nice. They've survived plenty of them and they found a cave that kept them from the worst of the blizzards but keeping up with wood and food proved challenging at times. They didn't have much to offer other than their spider silk. It was a great substance for sewing and other uses so they could find a way to sell it?

"What do you say?" Splendor presses again.

"Please?" Alex adds, looking up at Y/N with pleading blue eyes.

"Okay," Y/N sighs, a smile coming to their lips. "I will go with you."

"Yay!" Splendor chirps happily, motioning Y/N to follow him.

Y/N holds onto Alex as they follow after Splendor, Alex telling a story about all the things he liked to do with Splendorman. The being sounded like a blast to be around and was kind to a fault. Splendor is just relieved he found the two before his brother did. He didn't want Alex to meet a tragic fate and he always talked so happily with Splendor he never suspected abuse. Now Splendor regretted not checking into things better and now he needed to find a better home for Alex. Splendor glances back at Y/N who is listening patiently to Alex as he rambles. Eventually Alex goes quiet, Splendor looking back and chuckling softly when he sees the child had fallen asleep. They reach his mansion and he brings Y/N inside. They set Alex down in Splendor's room before Splendor shows Y/N to their own room to rest for the rest of the night.

"Thank you," Y/N tells Splendor before closing the door.

They walk over to the bed and settled on top of it, getting comfy and falling asleep, the cold of the night being chased away by the warmth of the heating of the mansion. They awake in the morning to the smell of something delicious. They easily find their way to the kitchen where Alex sits on the counter swinging his legs and covered in a bit of what Y/N assumed was flour based on the stack of pancakes next to the stove.