Chapter 11: The Lion's Den

Saturday morning, at school....

After sneaking into Principal Isa's office, Sammie and her friends look around the room.

Sammie: There's so much stuff around here.

Emma: Where do we even begin?

Michael: Let's split up so we can cover more ground.

Sammie: Great idea. We'll be in and out before you can say 'Isa's going down'!

Wes: Well, I'll keep an eye on the hallways in case more hall monitors show up. Caleb, Aiden, you can join me.

Aiden: Us?

Caleb: Uh, I mean, if you insist....

Aiden and Caleb follow Wes out of the office, while Koh peers into the room connected to Isa's office.

Koh: Guys, there's a safe in here!

Sammie: How much you wanna bet Isa is hiding a few answers for us in there?

Emma: I might be able to open it. I've read about safe-cracking before....

Maria: While you do that, I want to get into her computer.

Soon, Koh, Myra, Emma, and Luis head into the connecting side room, while Maria, Sydney, and Michael gather around the computer in Isa's office.

Sammie: Hm, where to investigate first....

Sammie head down the hallway and catch up with Wes, Aiden, and Caleb. Wes references a large piece of paper as he checks every door.

Wes: Hm, it's around here somewhere. But which door is it?

Aiden: Are you sure? This seems pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

Wes: It's a good thing I'm not asking you then.

Sammie: What are you looking for?

Caleb: Wes says Isa has a secret room that's been erased from the school blueprints....not sure i buy it though.

Wes: Ye of little faith.

Wes grins mischievously as he takes out a set of keys. He tries each one on the door next to him....but none of them unlock it.

Wes: Bingo. This is it.

Sammie: How do you know?

Wes: This door isn't on the blueprints, and the school keys don't work on it. Don't you think it's a bit strange?

Aiden: Strange? Try impossible.

Caleb: It would be a great place for Isa to hide something.

Wes: That settles it. Sammie, take one of the guys and explore the secret room.

Sammie: What are you going to do?

Wes: Keep a eye out with whomever you leave behind, of course.

Caleb: We have to find out what Isa's hiding.

Aiden: Whatever it takes to bring her to justice.

Sammie: Caleb, let's do it.

Caleb: All right! Let's bust down this door!

Wes takes out a couple bobby pins from his pocket and begins working on the lock. In almost no time at all, Sammie hear a resounding click and the door swings open.

Wes: And that's how you pick a lock.

Sammie peer through the door and notice a steep set of stairs descending into darkness.