Can You Fix The Broken?

"Well I'm waiting?", She asks, before crossing her arms and looking pissed off. Mumei who was standing behind me, peers around me to see her before asking "Hey (Y/n) who's this?", I didn't respond as I stared at her before I decided to speak my voice barely louder than a whisper "Alexis?".  "Stop mumbling, god I hated when you did that.", Alexis says with annoyance, "W-why are you here?", I asked shocked by her sudden appearance as she left town after our relationship ended to go be with someone else, she rolled her eyes before responding "It's not like I wanted to be in this shitty place, Jayden had some business meeting here so we had to come here". I could feel my blood boil when I hear that name, Jayden some hotshot businessman who inherited his father's business at a young age and was able to make a huge profit off of it, he and I met randomly at my university when I was on a walk with Alexis. At first, he seemed like a pretty chill guy, easygoing too, we even traded numbers to hang out at some point as we seemed to have some common interests, but I found out later that Alexis would stay up at night on the phone with someone, and would be out all night.

The day she left me, was when I found out, and I couldn't believe that after everything we'd been through together that she would go behind my back and see another man. The reason she gave me? It felt like I wasn't committed to the relationship, that it didn't seem like I truly care for her this broke me. I helped her escape from an abusive household with her father, and I remember those nights hearing her on the phone scared for her life. I drove through multiple states and sat in a car for almost 12 hours to get her out of there, and seeing her seeing how thankful she was, and how happy she was to get out of there was one of the best moments of my life. I tried to help her in any way I could, as she lived with me during this time, my friends and family were against it, but understand the reasoning behind it, and I stood behind her never leaving her side and defending her, even when she quit three jobs in only a few months of living together, I loved her and I would've done anything for her, I almost went into debt trying to support both of us, I wanted to make her happy to keep her safe. I stopped seeing my friends and family and started to see them as an annoyance as she kept telling me that they were controlling and should accept the decisions that I made, that they were controlling me and my life.

My heart shattered that day, I felt so empty, unwanted, and used. I thought I would never see her again despite all that here she was standing in the flesh, staring at me with utter disdain, she kissed her teeth in annoyance before speaking, "Could you answer the damn question already?! Who the hell is this?", she points at Mumei who walks up to her with a smile sticking her arm out offering to shake her hand before speaking, "Nanashi Mumei, nice to meet you!", she says happily. Alexis raises her eyebrow before looking at me as if to say seriously, she proceeds to slap Mumei's hand away which surprises the owl "Eh?" she says, before Alexis looks at her with a look of disgust "Seriously, her? Such a downgrade, I mean look at her" she says out loud as she decides to walk around her as if examining her, "What the hell is this outfit, it's horrendous, and these feathers, seriously who thought that would be a good idea?", she states as she flicks the feathers in her hair causing Mumei to flinch, "And this hair, why is it so long? even when tied up, it's ridiculous, and why only a few strands are dyed it's stupid, such a downgrade, though I mean anything would be compared to me.", she states as her hands run through Mumei's hair, before smirking and standing behind her. Mumei stood there confused, and uncomfortable, she started to feel self-conscious and raised her hood over her head feeling embarrassed, not understanding why this girl is saying these things, she doesn't even know her yet she was saying these things as if she had every right to judge her, who was she?

"Although Honestly, I didn't expect to see you with someone, quite a surprise I say, I thought you would've died in a ditch", she says giving me a fierce gaze before speaking again, "Though it would've been a lot better if you did though, would've saved a lot of trouble for everyone you know", she says her voice full of malice as she spoke honestly and with her heart as if she truly believes this fact. This was the breaking point for me, I couldn't take it anymore, and I started to run, I could feel the tears running down my face, as I sprinted past Alexis who stood there with a smirk before I felt an arm grab mine stopping me in my tracks, "(Y/n)" I heard softly, and turning around I could see Mumei her face her eyes showed signs of concern, as she held onto my arms worried about me, but I didn't care. I yanked my arm away from her and ran, I ran as fast as I could without looking back not knowing or caring about where I went, I just had to get out of there, I'm sorry I'm so sorry I'm a coward, I can't stand up for myself, I can't forget, I'm sorry, I think to myself as the tears kept running, maybe...