SIX: Pre wedding shoots.

Start from the beginning

"Meenah baby, don't forget to attend Henry's birthday! You're invited, and he really wants to see you and Aysha. I've even passed a physical invitation to you now," she emphasized.

"Henry's birthday is coming up?" I inquired.

"Yes, and you're very much invited. Please try to attend; my brother and I would appreciate it," she urged.

"I'll do my utmost best to be there," I assured her.

"Thanks, Meenah baby! See you." With a final hug, she hurried away, leaving me to continue on my way to meet Fareed.

Fareed's persistent calls went unanswered as I approached the parking lot where he had parked his white Mercedes Benz. Saying goodbye to my siblings, I walked over to his car.

"Assalamu'alykum," I greeted, sliding into the passenger seat. The green varsity jacket he wore hugged his broad shoulders, a casual canvas for his effortless cool, and a black face cap tilted. His killer smile, warmed the car instantly. It struck me that I would soon be married to this handsome man.

"Wa'alykusalam babe. So, how was the shopping?" he asked, starting the ignition and reversing out the parking lot.

"It was fine, even though they embezzled my money. I mean, they kept on shopping as if they were spending millions," I shared.

His let out a light chuckle and said, "Why fret, princess? When they are aware that they have a rich sister,"

"Who is the rich sister?" I raised an eyebrow, playfully challenging. "Definitely not me. I'm still counting change for bus fare back home." I joked, and he laughed once more.

"Well, I told you to take my card and make use of it, but you refused," he reminded me.

"You know I won't do that. Wait till we get married, Mr. Moneybags." I said, with a mischievous glint in my eyes. "You'll be begging me to stop swiping before your bank account cries tears."

He threw his head back, the sound of his laughter echoing through the car. "My little fraudster in the making."

"Guilty as charged." I smiled, proudly.
**

When we reached the studio in Kaduna, Billy, Aysha, Salim, Hussain, and other friends and cousins of Fareed were already there to show their support. Billy brought along the costumes for me, while Salim had Fareed's outfit. Opting for an outdoor photoshoot, we chose a beautiful garden with a small river as the backdrop.

After changing into our first outfits, the process began. I had my makeup done by Aysha's best friend, Hauwa, a professional makeup artist in Kaduna. Transforming into a stunning emerald blue laffaya with delicate gold sequin designs, I felt elegant . Billy took care of my hair, applying the necessary touches before styling it into a bun. Adorning myself with golden jewelry, I left the room, ready for the photoshoot.

Aysha squealed, her phone snapping photo after photo. "Cheeee! Meenah, you look like a vision! Fareed's jaw will drop when he sees you!"

I felt a blush bloom on my cheeks at their teasing gazed and words. "Thank you," I muttered.

We stepped out into the garden where the guys had already gathered and ready with the equipment. I spotted Fareed, handsomely dressed in a blue emerald wagambari sewed into a Babban Riga and a red cap, known as Dara in Kanuri.

Our eyes met, and he called out the attention of his friends. "Yo, fellas! Meet my stunning wife, Ameena Turaki. Word of advice, find yourselves a queen like mine. Because damn..." His voice trailed off, a low rumble filled with adoration.

His friend burst into laughter, "Rjay's a goner alright!" The air crackled with teasing and laughter, but my focus remained solely on Fareed. He strode towards me, his tall frame a silhouette against the sun.

"You look breathtaking, baby," he murmured, his voice sending shivers down my spine. I met his gaze, my blush deepening before I teased.

"Ba dole bah, I'm Mrs. Fareed now, remember?"

The photographer began his job, capturing moments as we changed into various outfits, including motorbike racing suits for both of us. After two hours, we concluded the photoshoot, the memories of the day forever etched in photographs.

*****

Fareed prepared a mini surprise picnic for both of us at the other side of the garden, adorned with multi-colored flowers and blossoming plants. A small basin waterfall pond added to the serene ambiance, surrounded by the interesting and beautiful sounds of nature.

"I love how peaceful and serene this place is," I remarked, looking around as I enjoyed my sandwich.

"I knew you would love it, and that's why I hired the garden for both the photoshoot and the surprise picnic."

"Aww, thanks, baby." I smiled.

"I knew you would love it, and that's why I arranged the garden for both the photoshoot and this surprise picnic," Fareed revealed.

"Aww, thanks, baby," I smiled.

"Anything for you," he said, with a wink.

"Baby, have you ever imagined having a pre-wedding picture underwater?" I asked, teasingly.

"Why should I imagine that, Meenah?" he inquired, looking intrigued.

"Just because..." I trailed off, maintaining a mischievous expression. "But it's actually possible, you know, with a waterproof camera and an oxygen mask," I suggested, earning a bemused look from Fareed.

"Hey, stop staring at me like that," I playfully whined and he chuckled at me.

"By the way, did you check on your siblings to hear if they've arrived home safely?" He asked, shifting the topic.

"Yeah, they have! Astaghfirullah, but I was really scared Mubarak would crash the car," I confessed.

"You know not everyone is like you," he teased.

I glared at him playfully. "Hey! I'm not scared; I'm just cautious while driving. Meanwhile, you love speeding like you have million lives to spare,"

He patted himself proudly on the shoulder, "A racer's gotta race, babe. But my driving scares you, doesn't it?"

I chuckled. "Honestly, I'm used to your driving. It doesn't bother me anymore."

He sighed. "Well, that's good. But you know something? I reduce my speed when you're around. Wouldn't want to give you a heart attack."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah. When I'm in the car all alone, I drive like—" he began, and I abruptly placed a finger close to his lips to shut him up.

"Shush, I don't want to hear any more of your recklessness, or I might just have a heart attack." He laughed, and I rolled my eyes, deciding to bring up the topic of Samantha and her brother's birthday.

"By the way, earlier I ran into an old course mate from university at the mall today, she mentioned her brother's upcoming birthday party. It's three days from now, and they've invited both Aysha and me," I explained, gauging Fareed's reaction.

"Who are they, and where's the party taking place?" he inquired, his brows furrowed in concern.

"Samantha and Henry," I replied. "Frankly, I wouldn't go if it were solely my decision. I never liked her brother Henry, even back in our university days. He's a bit of a bad boy and hangs out with a rough crowd."

Fareed's expression tightened. "Well, you better not go then, especially considering the fact that I won't even be in Kaduna around that time to maybe go with you."

"Alright, I won't attend. Don't worry," I reassured, understanding his concern.

Soooo hope y'all enjoyed the chapter?🌚
Share your thoughts.
Don't forget to vote, comment, and share💕