"Mom?"

Her smile widened as I ran into her arms and clutched onto her tightly. Her hands ran through my hair as she kissed my head the way she always did.

"You've grown so much baby."

I sobbed harder, tightening my arms around her.

"Mom..."

She shushed me and hugged me tighter to herself. I grew shorter and shorter back to the size I was when I was separated from her.

"I love you so much."

She whispered and bent down to scan my face. My lips remained a wobbly mess, refusing to move as I tried to tell her how much I missed her. Words failed me as I fell to the ground in a heap of tears.

"I know baby."

She muttered and petted my head gently.

I forced my lips to move, squeezing out the words through the lump in my throat.

"I love you Mom."

She smiled her reassuring warm smile and clutched me to herself before parting from me as the world around me seemed to shake.

I blinked as I stood back in the hallway, the shadows surrounding me gave me space as I pulled myself off the wall and stumbled forward. I stared at them quizzically as they parted and a familiar blonde head made an appearance.

"Stacie~"

"Go, now!"

She demanded while pointing to a door that appeared a little down the hallway.

"Hurry, he'll die!"

My feet moved on their own as I ran down the hall and pushed the door open. I stared wide eyed as Severus lay bleeding on the ground in front of me.

"...Di...ra."

Tears cascaded down my cheeks as I rushed over to him and tried to help him up. He winced as I helped him into a sitting position. I watched the blood ooze out through his shirt.

"Wait here I'll get the first aid kit!"

I stood up but stopped as he pulled my hand. His grip was weak as his skin paled even more.

"Severus..."

"Just stay with me please."

I nodded as he tugged me down beside him. The room disappeared and we were in a clearing, staring up at the sky.

"That one looks like a star."

He pointed up to the only cloud present in the sky, blocking the true strength of the sun from striking us down.

I continued staring at him as the blood oozed into the ground below him. His hand squeezed mine making my eyes snap to his. His silver eyes bore into mine, no words needing to be said as they slowly began loosing their light.

We were once again back in the room and he coughed, blood sputtering out of his mouth.

"I...ree...yu."

I leaned in closer as he breathed through gasps, my body frozen as the tears rolled off my face and onto the floor.

"I...free...you."

He passed me a small smile before kissing my hand.

everything around me disappeared along with Severus and I found myself in a graveyard standing in front of a grave. The only grave there:

Severus Knight

Loving husband, caring brother, good son.

The wind picked up around me as my knees buckled and I sat in front of his tomb stone. Whispered words swishing past my ears. words that broke my heart.

"I'll protect you... with my life if I must."

The sounds of gunshot continued upstairs as I cried to myself wishing from the bottom of my heart that it didn't come true.

I stayed against the head board, clutching onto myself and crying into a state of numbness. It was when the sun peeked through the curtains, that Severus walked in. He looked like he had just taken a shower, the water dribbled off some loose strands of his hair. His eyes met mine and he locked the door behind himself before walking over to me.

He sat on the bed beside me, staring at the wall before us. I threw myself into his arms the moment I realized that he was real. His arms wrapped around me as he rested his chin on my head. I rested against his chest, soaking in reality and thanking the Lord from the bottom of my heart for letting him be okay.

"Nightmare?"

He asked and I nodded silently, his hands rubbed circles onto my back as he sighed.

"I want to meet them Severus, please..."

I broke off into a sob before sniffling and continuing.

"I'll do anything you ask of me, anything, but please I want to meet my parents."

He shifted so I landed right on his lap, rubbing away at my eyes as he spoke up against my ear.

"That is a very tempting offer Love, but I cannot, not now. I need enough time to ensure that we won't be taking danger to your parents when we go to visit."

I stared at him in shock as he passed me a smile.

"We'll go?"

He nodded, his hands cupping my cheeks.

"I promised didn't I?"

I broke off into a smile and wrapped my arms around him tightly pulling him to me. He chuckled against my neck. A thought that I wanted to erase and forget came into my mind, wiping away the smile from my face and snatching away the momentary glee I felt.

"We don't know if they're... alive."

Before I could hyperventilate and start crying again, Severus cut in.

"They are. I had someone check on them a while back."

My eyes widened as I stared at him in shock. A smile graced his lips as he stared into my eyes.

"I'll do whatever I can to the best of my abilities, if it means that you remain happy."

"Don't die, please."

His eyes widened in shock as he looked at me as if I had just read his mind. I shook my head as he tried to speak.

"Please, Sevvy."

Tears glistened in my eyes as he seemed to contemplate his answer, but his doubt seemed to clear away as I finished my sentence.

"Don't leave me, I need you here."

He nodded his head in affirmation and sighed deeply.

"If it comes to a decision of life and death between us, don't doubt that I'll give away my life to protect you."

I smiled through the tears and leaned up, closer to his lips.

"Likewise."

Unspoken words passed between us as our lips met in a soft embrace.