Epilogue

Carlos had a pretty good guess where the newly King Ben of Auradon would be. Sure enough, when he stepped into the Biology Class, Ben was waiting for him alone with a Rose. The Rose looked dark and small. "Your Majesty.", Carlos jokingly said.

"Please don't. I'm just Ben. Your Ben if you will have me.", Ben said with a blush.

"So, this means no interferences?", Carlos asked.

"No love spells.", Ben laughed.

"No exes.", Carlos continued.

"No coronation drama.", Ben said.

"No Evil Dragon-Fairies.", Carlos chuckled.

"Just you and I.", Ben said as he scooped Carlos up and pulled him close.

"I'd love that a lot.", Carlos said.

With that, the two young men finally closed their eyes and kissed. A warmth enveloped over the both of them. It was kiss that felt like an eternity as well as a second. It was True Love's Kiss.
As they pulled away from each other, Carlos looked down at the Rose Ben had been holding, it went from dark and small to bright and fully bloomed. He stared back at the Young King with a slight look of confusion. "When I was born. The Enchantress that cursed my father had returned. She blessed me with a single rose that would bloom with my heart. Slowly over time is began to open but would remain small and dark. It wouldn't be until I met my one true love and we shared true love's first kiss that it would fully blossom. I noticed after meeting you the flower start to grow a little more. I promise to devote myself not only to my Kingdom but to our love and you Carlos.", Ben explained.

     Carlos was overwhelmed with emotions. He couldn't believe what was being said but at the same time took comfort in knowing that Ben was speaking the truth. That this was not an elaborate prank. That Carlos, the boy from the Isle of the Lost who was nothing but a dirty mongrel in his mother's eyes, just another henchman to her, was being lovingly embraced by his one true love while his real family in Mal, Evie, and Jay wait for them. He kissed his King one more time and they walked away happily...

The End?