Chapter 2

Mew POV

Music blasted from the speakers and the lights switched different colors. I am currently in IBIZA, the place known for the best DJ concerts. Everyone around me was drunk, including me.

"Whoooooo'' I yell until I feel like my throat is sore. I'm pretty sure if I don't drink some hot water tomorrow I might lose my voice.

The DJ drops the beat and the crowd goes while, this is so fucking good. After I tired myself out and the DJ finally switched to another. I call it a night and try to get to my hotel room. I wish I could party all night but I am here for my job after all. I need to finish writing the article and send it to my editor.

I walk towards my car and there I see a girl standing, I want to groan but I don't want to be rude.

"Hi handsome," she said in a flirty way.

"Michelle... You're here?" I say trying to act surprised

"It's Monica by the way...Of Course, I am here, I know you have a flight tomorrow morning, and I didn't want you to leave without saying goodbye" he stepped closer, probably she was intending to have the same amount of fun that we had last night.

Okay okay I admit, I was drunk and she tried to flirt with me, one thing led to another and the next thing I know is that I woke up naked next to her in her hotel room. I wasn't too surprised because that was not the first time I found myself in that situation, I've just evolved and learned how to sneak out without being caught by the same girl or boy ever again. But I put my guard down this time. She somehow found me.

She was now standing so close to me that I could feel her breath on my neck. And I felt the urge to cringe so badly. See this is me, the thing is I can never do it with the same person again. Probably I am afraid of commitment, or probably I am just in for some good sex and move on. But it's not the same with the other person anyway. They always wanted more and I always ended up hurting them by denying them, just like how I am gonna do now.

Michelle, no Melissa, no... whatever her name is, she hovered her hand over my forehead, she touched my forehead with the tip of her finger and traced it down, reaching my nose and then my lips, she caressed my lips with her thumb and craned her neck hoping to kiss me. But I am not into her anymore, I place my hand between our faces, and push her away. She stumbles and balances herself. The look on her face clearly showed disbelief.

"Mew... Why would you do that?" She asked

"I have no idea how you know my name," I said

"I saw your passport remember, and you told me you have a flight tomorrow morning"

"Ah, I might have... I should really stop myself from giving too much information about myself" I mumble

"But...but... I don't understand... Why are you pushing me away? We had so much fun last night?"

"Yes...er... about that, can we pretend it never happened"

Her face hurt, but I don't feel bad for her. Probably I'm a sadist, or probably I'm just a straightforward person who speaks my mind.

"Why?" She asked, it was barely a whisper.

"Ah... I that, it's because I hope we never meet each other again"

"But... You said I was beautiful and if you get the chance you would marry me"

"Did I say that? Aish... Listen, Maria"

" Monica" she gritted her teeth

" Okay, I was drunk and I blabbered some nonsense, to be honest, I didn't even have that much fun yesterday"

" But it was my best night"

" I'd say it was my worse, come on admit it your moans are the worst"

"..."

"..."

Her eyes widened, I hope I can shut up, but no

" It was immediately turned off after hearing your ugly moans. I wonder why I turned on the music so loud. I couldn't stand to listen to that dreadful noise"

*SLAP* She gave me a tight slap and walked away with tears in her eyes. I probably deserved that but at least I don't have to deal with her anymore. Huh she managed to find me after I left, she is something, I might remember you for a long time Miranda was that her name. Meh, never mind.

I drive the rental car to my hotel room and take a shower. I'm sobered up now and I slip into the bathrobe and open my laptop. I go through the pictures I've clicked. A feeling of satisfaction sits in my chest, the images have come out so well. I am a travel journalist and I don't think I can be anything other than this. I get paid to travel and party. I had a knack for photography and writing from the beginning so the crowd loved me more. The more followers the more jobs I get offered and the more I get paid.

I could say I am living my life. I am completely writing the article on IBIZA and sending an email to my editor, she quickly proofreads it and let me know that it is amazing and she would be publishing the article by tomorrow morning.

I jump on the soft bouncy bed and smile widely, slowly sleep takes over me. The next morning I woke up and hopped on the plane home. As much as I love my job, I made it my life motto to take long breaks. So that's what I'm gonna do until I get my next project. Take a break.

Just Why Not? [Mew/Gulf]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें