Chapter 10: Unhuman

Dragoarth POV
"Clean this up. Now" I say as I changed back to my human form. "What of the girl?" A warrior asked me. I stared at her for a few moments. She needed to see that, she haven't fully grasped the whole reality of the situation she is in. But the fear I saw in her eyes made a dull pain in my chest. "Take her to the healers, she needs care." I turned the other way hearing foot steps following after me.

I already know who it so I don't bother to look back. "She's hurt. Badly." Caie says as she runs up behind me. "I'm aware of that." Is all I say, Caie doesn't get the hint to drop the matter as she carries on. "Why is she hurt to that extent? Did you do it? But why is there a human here? You of all people know she won't last here. Maybe a day, if she's really. And that's if her injuries doesn't kill her first. I'm surprised she lasted this long without choking on her own blood." She went on, as I walked into my office with a still blabbering Caie on my heels. Letting out an exasperated sigh, "Not my place what happened to her, it's her story to tell, no I didn't do that to her. She's here cause I want her here, and she last however long I want her to last. Human or not, she will be protected by Phenom or you when she is not with me. Meaning if something happens to her while in your care, I'll forget that you are Phenom's twin and incinerate you. Do you understand me?" By the time I was finished, her head was vowed and with a silent yes m'lord, she leaves my office.

Leaning back in my chair, with my hand massaging my temple, I can feel an headache coming on. The way she looked at me is making me feel strange and disgusted with myself. I've killed people for far less than what he did. No! It can't be because of the look she gave me, the fear in her eyes. Letting out a growl, I set up in my chair, and shake my head. She's not important right now, I've got an kingdom to rule and I already wasted three days just to get her and bring her back here. "Your thinking too hard old friend." Phenom sits in the chair in front of my desk. When in the hell did he come in? He stares at me with his deep golden eyes, his very insightful, that I hate sometimes. Like he knows more than any of us do.

"Let me guess, your gonna tell me how to deal with my mate?" I stare back at him just as intense. "No it's not my place to tell you how to deal with your mate. In fact you can ignore her all you want but remember others will see her as an target. But considering I came into here to talk to you about something unrelated to your beautiful beloved, I guess we can talk about her." He says with a grin on his face. He was planning this from start. I leaned back in my chair and thought back before my father died, he took in Phenom and Caie, he always said that Phenom has a soul of an elder. Too smart for his own good, too wise beyond his years, and just too much of everything. "What do you want Phenom? My mate does not concern you." He turned his head as if trying to figure something out, you can tell behind those golden eyes his mind is working in a way only he knows. "You haven't decided what to do about her yet, have you?" He sounded confused, "The situation I am in is easily solved. I keep her safe, everyone will think she is just a pet that I have high interest in."                                            

In that moment I saw Phenom look offended by what I said. He got up from his chair started to walk back and forth as if trying to wrap his head around this whole situation, he stopped look at me then started to pace once again. he kept at this for sometime, I just sat there and watched on, he was doing it for so long that my mind wondered to other things that needed my attention until he slammed his hands down on my desk. "You think your 'beloved is a situation that can easily solved'? What's wrong with you Dragoarth, to even think that way. What are you going to do when  the elders start pushing you to get married because they will, no, everyone will think that you haven't found your mate when she been living under our kingdom roof for so long? Huh! Your not thinking of the consequences by denying your mate, you think your enemies won't wonder why do the king of dragons have an human under his protection, they will put the two together and figure out that human is his mate and attack and since the others don't know they will protect her cause she the king's pet but if she dies doing  attack as an bystander they won't care as much as you would. Then when they do figure out that the king's mate was he pet and they let their future queen die, they can revolt against you. And for the record she does concern me for she is my queen, but if you didn't have your head so far up your ass you would notice somethings off about her. There is no way a human can be mated to our kind. Not an full human anyways." With that Phenom storm out my office leaving me to ponder over that new discovery.